Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(06-06-2015, 00:26)St Charles Owl Wrote: Any news on McGugan from anywhere??  Are we still after him or not??  I hate it when its this quiet just waiting for something to happen!!!

I thought he'd fallen out with SG over being subbed  Huh Can't see him back any time soon  Angry
and complicated
(06-06-2015, 03:53)Maddix Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 00:26)St Charles Owl Wrote: Any news on McGugan from anywhere??  Are we still after him or not??  I hate it when its this quiet just waiting for something to happen!!!

I thought he'd fallen out with SG over being subbed  Huh Can't see him back any time soon  Angry

To be fair, if that is the case then I don't particualrly want him back!!  We need players who will not only provide quality but are comitted to the club or team.  Players may not always like the decision a manger makes but they have to respect the position and be part of the squad as a whole.
(06-06-2015, 00:05)consilio Wrote: I think Lee has the ability but seems shackled by our system.  He would certainly be better off in a three man midfield.  To be fair to him, he keeps improving and I'm certainly glad he's re signed.

Part of our problem is that most of our players are suited by a three man CM yet SG insists on playing just two in there.

We also have natural wing backs in Palmer, Vermijl & Helan so 352 could easily be our best formation yet he has never tried it.
consilio likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Apparently we've made a second bid for BM10 after the first was turned down.

Would definitely improve us on the wing, we're crying out for a pacey young un that can whip a ball in. Would not be averse to see BM10 back.
madsteve likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Anybody heard what sort of money we are supposedly bidding for him?
it'll be more than the few buttons and chocolate coins that MM would have bid
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(06-06-2015, 19:11)St Charles Owl Wrote: Anybody heard what sort of money we are supposedly bidding for him?

It'll be chicken feed to the Blackburn owners whatever it is  Doh

I'll get me coat  Laugh
and complicated
Carbone thinks he can do a better job than SG..

It's hard to disagree entirely.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-wed...-1-7297715
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
What he says about SG is true but he is not the man to take us up either.
Statesideowl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I believe so too. It's going to take more than short term fan fave to take us in the right direction.

It's not as if he (Carbone) boasts a managerial career steeped in success either. I really liked him as a player though!
consilio likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed