Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Our strategy since MM took over has been to concentrate on younger players with the odd older player to fill a gap. McShane could be an upgrade on Loovens and one that might last longer but until Loovens decides whether to stay I guess McShane is unlikely.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I always think youth complimented by experience is the way to go.
I don't see why in this new venture going forward we can't have both, I'd certainly prefer mcshane for leadership

Both as in loovens and mcshane ( I meant )
Assuming that SG stays and that he will go with a flat back four, then we have Loovens, Lees & Dielna, which leaves one vacancy. I suspect this will go to a younger player because Loovens & Lees will be first choice so little point paying big wages for a bench warmer.

In truth, McShane would probably do a better job than Loovens & he is less injury prone. However, an offer has been made to Loovens so we have to sit tight until he makes a decision unfortunately.

Now if we played 352 then things might be different.....
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Kieran Lee has signed a new 2 year deal.
consilio likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-wed...-1-7293558
(04-06-2015, 08:21)Was Wereham Owl Wrote: Is it me or is anyone else thinking that our new shirt sponsor CHANSRI is egotistical ..or is it a smart way round the FFP issue ???

I think it's a business decision based on FFP. 
Of course if he starts apperaing in the Directors box with a bald white cat and a N korean type Gary Glitter haircut we might want to  get worried Whistle
Not exactly enthused by Lee re-signing. As long as he's a squad player it's not too bad.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(04-06-2015, 16:10)Statesideowl Wrote: Not exactly enthused by Lee re-signing. As long as he's a squad player it's not too bad.

I like Lee. He is a decent player and could become a really good midfielder in the right system. It's not his fault that our midfield is overrun every week because of the system SG plays. 

When you piss into the wind your trousers get wet and you look a bit silly  Cool
madsteve and consilio like this post
and complicated
I think Lee has the ability but seems shackled by our system. He would certainly be better off in a three man midfield. To be fair to him, he keeps improving and I'm certainly glad he's re signed.
Imre varadi likes this post
Any news on McGugan from anywhere?? Are we still after him or not?? I hate it when its this quiet just waiting for something to happen!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed