Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
I think he's worth offering a 12mth contract

He's more than likely going to be a Derby player though..
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Don't suppose he will want to sign for Derby until he knows who the manager is gonna be.
Bent is a goal scorer. He isn't an SG type of player because he doesn't chase back for lost causes. Even if we signed him, SG would prefer Nuhiu in the team.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
You're probably right MS! Big Grin

There aren't may Champ teams that have equal or better up front in terms of a proven, clinical finisher.

I truly hope SG is either not around much longer. Or, doesn't have much say in tactics & selection.

Neither likely.

(30-05-2015, 04:14)consilio Wrote: Don't suppose he will want to sign for Derby until he knows who the manager is gonna be.

I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything, bt having already spent some time with the (Derby) team he'd be more likely to sign for promo chasing Derby than currently re-forming Sheff Wed, where you KNOW who the manager is lol
Was Wereham Owl and consilio like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
New home shirt:

[Image: CGZ0fw1WsAE8Af9.jpg:large]

Shorts black, Socks white (should have been blue)

The kit doesn't look right with black shorts & white sock

Happy with the shirt though

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/owls-...76860.aspx
Towinjustonce likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I guess DC is rich enough to not need additional kit sponsors. So why not just go ahead and put your name on there..

Agreed kev it just doesn't seem right without the blue socks
Towinjustonce likes this post
Think I prefer the blue socks slightly but many view the white socks as the classic Wednesday kit.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I suppose you're right MS. I mainly started going to games in the early 90's and we switched to blue by then. But, I remember the 89' kit I think it was... When we had Lee Chapman. The socks were definitely white then!
(01-06-2015, 17:28)madsteve Wrote: Think I prefer the blue socks slightly but many view the white socks as the classic Wednesday kit.

absolutely. they always wore white socks and black boots in my day. Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
Maybe I'm imagining things or getting mixed up with school colours but I seem to remember blue and white hoop socks, or blue with a white top and white with a blue top at some point too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed