Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(22-05-2015, 14:18)madsteve Wrote: Worrying if we can't attract top prospects with our improved wage budget. Why is he signing for Wolves who most likely cannot offer him as much money?

Maybe young players don't see us as a big team any more.

I am not sure losing out on one kid from Portsmouth means we can't attract top prospects!!! Who knows if he has any connection to Wolves, or family in the area or any other of tons of reason why he chose them!! And I would imagine Wolves are offering some of the highest wages in the Championship.
consilio likes this post
And who knows we were interested in him anyway. We will be linked with countless players over the summer. The ones we sign are usually the players the press know nothing about.
Maddix likes this post
(22-05-2015, 15:24)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Wolves get millions in parachute payments. They can and will pay more on wages than we do

Wolves are in their final year of parachute payments so shouldn't be taking players on on higher wages. Their wage bill in their last accounts was 25% down on the previous year with last years expected to be another 25% down. They shouldn't be able to outbid us on future contracts.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I couldn't care less now the seasons ended Whistle It's f ucking bonanza time at work for the Summer Thumb up No more "Sorry boss, I can't work Satdi for double-bubble because I need to listen to Sheffield Wednesday not scoring any goals on a wank radio feed that I actually pay for" Thumb up

We'll sign who we sign and we won't be able to do owt about it Angry so I'm only going to start getting irritated once I stop getting the OT in my bank Cool
Statesideowl likes this post
and complicated
done my bit and renewed mine and brothers ST yesterday Thumb up

£280 a pop Doh
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
12 quid a game is a bargain Thurny!!!  Well done on your loyalty!!Thumb up
Hull joining us in the Championship.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Can't really complain about the three teams coming down frrom our perspective. Burnley won't spend silly money and were a surprise promoted team in the first place. Thay might challenge, but their best players will leave and they could easily finish mid-table as well. QPR cannot spend money like they did, they have reduced their losses dramatically and while they may get away with a reduced fine they cannot expect that to happen twice, plus they have Chris Ramsey as manager!! Hull's owner won't spend a ton of money and will expect Bruce (if he is still there??) to work with their new revenue stream. If they lose Bruce, who of any note will go there??

Big Sam now officially out at West Ham as they have announced they will not be renewing his contract, would anyone want him at S6???
sam had west ham playing some good stuff early on this season
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Alladyce & Bruce are decent PL managers whereas SG is an average SBC coach. So either would be a massive improvement.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed