Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
We should have gone for Afobe, said it last season. We could have probably got him for £500k as well.

Anyway, we shouldn't dwell on it. We have to move on and just hope we now get someone in who can score 25+, or a couple to get 15 each (as we've been crying out for since we came up from L1)
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I still think we will see one of our 4 current strikers leave the club, either on loan or being sold. I think we need to bring in two strikers, a proven championship goalscorer and maybe a young guy to look towards the future. Nuhiu for me shouldn't even make the bench in our home games, maybe put him on there for away games to help protect a lead late on but thats about it. I do want to see Bus get some extended playing time, assuming he does well in training I hope to see him get a first team chance.
I think Lavery has potential, Bus wasn't on long enough to make a judgement, so if Madine goes and "N" goes out on loan? But we do need a proven scorer.
"God Save the King."
As Owlkev said, Madine has gone already. The big question mark is still May, what will we get out of him and can he give us the return he did in Scotland.
How could I have forgotten May? I know he was a disappointment but I think he could come along. So, I wouldn't be anxious to see either May, Lavery or Bus go at present. One will probably have to though.
"God Save the King."
I didn't feel May was a disappointment. It was his first season down here ( In a better league IMO) and regardless of whomever was upfront the absolute dire, piss poor service from midfield caused forwards to struggle.

Players being played out of position quite frequently. Even a few cases where May came from the bench and scored, only to be dropped completely the next game! You could tell the poor kids confidence was shot to shit by the end of the campaign.

The squad will never be more than the sum of it's parts, the way SG utilizes them anyway..
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Lavery could be decent, Bus not seen enough but he puts himself about and doesn't get bullied - the exact opposite of May who I think would be the first of those 3 to be loaned out.

We'll keep Nuhiu unless we get someone better at doing what he does
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I agree with what you say up to the - mark, thurny. Then you have it the wrong way around. IMO. Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
Good riddance to Madine.

We need a poacher, Bus or May could be that player.

Lavery is perfect out wide in a front three.

Nuhiu had his uses. He's a decent option from the bench.

Afobe didn't perform at Hillsborough. Remember Agbonlahor?

I think the new owners potential investment on players is being massively overhyped.

Magugan and two wide players should Grays main targets
Even with a new owner, we have to spend wisely. Consilio has a point about the investment into the squad, people expecting millions to be spent on the squad are living in cloud cuckoo land imo.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed