Thread Rating:
KP
You have to say Strauss hasn't got off to the best of starts.

First news is leaked about Moores getting the sack before anyone had told him.

Now he's made a fool out of KP who is coming out fighting...unlike England this will run and run
Snooty England dont have an icicle in hell chance of winning back the Ashes Australia have mountains of talent in batting ,bowling,wicketkeeping and fielding,that will allow them to send a second team over and still retain the ashes.you know as well as anyone England have stuffed cricket up so much that if they do start a national 2 league system England could well end up in Div 2........deservedly too...I wouldn't spend 1dollar to see the crap they call cricket over there.lets be honest even Bangladesh play much more exciting cricket than England as does every other side in the competition...............I bet you and all the rest of the poms are secretly hoping that Gillespie gets the coaching job,its the only hope you have for ANY improvement for the "League of Nations.
You say "If we don't win the ashes they will crucify Strauss".WELL GET THE NAILS READY AND i WILL MAKE THE CROSS.
It has been obvious to the whole cricketing world for years that KP is a self centred big-headed prick.he has caused disharmony and disruption in every team he has been in and you should be glad he is going,I would like to hear what Dizzy Gillespie will say to him if he does get the England job,....he will probably ask that he gets on a flight back to his true home (SA)
To be honest Wakey I think the majority of England fans knew that Moores was going to be sacked before the Ashes, Strauss must have had an inkling and if he didn't he was either blind or out of the loop. He should have gone after that dreadful display in the World Cup.

How anyone else noticed that a lot of the England players have been to public school?
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
You sound scared that Pietresen might come back, Dolphin. Big Grin
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Cricket is a weird game, especially when it comes to England.

The form swingometer points strongly at an Aussie Ashes victory, and at a canter. But the skill in the individual players we select will be sufficient to win them back IF they get motivated and are allowed to perform.

Motivation is key. It requires clever coaching and a happy changing room and that is why I would never want to see KP in the squad again. Bad Apple.
All you have to do with kp is look at his history. Dom cork picked up on it for sky yesterday.

Back in sa he fell out with the main people over the quota rules or something like that

Notts he fell out with the captain and ended up having his stuff thrown out of the window and told he'd never play there again

Hampshire, cork said something happened and kp said he'd never play for them again.

England he stabbed moores in the back and gave the ecb an ultimatum of him or me and both got the boot

Slaggs andrew strauss off via text to the south africans although the texts have never been published. But to make things worse he turns around and says 'its not easy being me in the dressing room'. Sorry when you slag your team mates off, were you still expecting a bed of roses? Oh he also criticised james taylor saying he was too small to play international cricket...

Alistair cook pulls all the stops out to get kp back in the squad and manages to do so. Only for kp to seemingly throw a wobbly in aus and stab cook and flower in the back and bring them under scrutiny.

Releases a book and names names and drags those names in the mud, be it true or not. Again puts cook under pressure.

But still he wants to go back into the team where those very people who he tarnished are playing and are playing quite well individually.

You can understand why he isnt back in the side. Forget match winning hundreds. Englands middle order is actually in some kind of form, and two of those are young players for the future and you would think it is taylor waiting in the wings to replace bell, the odds are kp would disrupt the whole side drastically in a time where it is very much unneeded.

Unfortunately for the ecb they will be portrayed as the pantomime villain as we only hear kps sickly sweet side of the story and the ecb wont disclose the 'facts' or at least their side of the story.

It feels like they are protecting him for old times sake and all he is doing is kicking and punching and making it very difficult.
themaclad and Lord Snooty like this post
Another day, another door, another high, another low
When people refer to the slagging off, of Strauss. what is actually in the texts is a reference to Strauss being a "doos" - this is the C word equivelant in Afrikaans and on its own is reason enough never to select him.

But if you want 12 other reasons why he should be forgotten look at Jim Holden's article in the Sunday Express in summary:
1. The is no space as Root and Balance hold his batting positions and they are in good form
2. He is toxic and alienates players
3. The Strauss insults
4. Savage attack on players in autobiography
5. Given 4 how could any player trust him not to do the same to them in future
6. Aussies are campaigning to get hi in in order to destabilise England prior to test series
7. Last winter he pleaded to play for an Aussie Presidents XI to show up England
8. He campaigned against James Taylor being selected
9. Alistair Cook refuses to play with him, so pick him and lose Cook
10. Pressure on new skipper if KP picked over Cook
11. He refuses to apologise for his book
12. He is injury prone and 35. He is suffering a calf strain after his 355 and missed the second innings and is oyt of the IPL finale he is too old for selectio over youth.
Lord Snooty likes this post
They shouldn't have told him straight though. Keep him hanging on. If, as is highly likely, we get stuffed by the Aussies and Cook gets sacked, bringing back KP is an avenue that is now closed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »