Thread Rating:
RIFC
Appears he wants away from the deal which has to be in the clubs best interests.
Unless he gives up the kit deal not really Fred.
He's currently taking the club for a very big percentage based on this loan,what i'm saying is pay him off and at least yer no losing even more.
The only question I ask regarding this is ... why now ?

Skysports - Mike Ashley's Sports Direct want £5m Rangers loan repaid

I doubt if Mike Ashley has money problems !
AVFC RFC SAFC
Maybe after the polis got involved he wants out.

Then again the letter was sent before the polis raided his offices.
It's all posturing by him, he's trying to see where he stands. Until the sfa finish the fit and proper, plus find out where we are playing next season, i see no reason for the board to commit to a spending plan yet.
Exactly: how can they commit to a spend with no real idea of income?

You would need to publish 2 plans.

I must admit that I - along with every other fan, I'm sure - would like a wee steer on what might happen, but I don't object to the board playing their cards close to their chest.

Ashley must know that he won't get a simple majority to support his requisitions - those that supported the appointment of the board will continue to support them. No doubt about that. He is seeking to undermine them via the suggestion that they have no money to invest, and I don't think that is true.

Let's get continue to support the team, while trusting this new board try to get the business side of things back on track.
Is king sitting on his arse waiting on being cleared before making any financial commitment?even if he's not cleared sury he's still ok to put investment in??
I think as Worthinger said until it is known what division Rangers will be in next season any plan they release or even intimate that they have is pointless as it would have to change depending on the playoff outcome! As regards King, I'm sure he could put in 20m today if he wanted, but again, why alert anyone to that fact before knowing next seasons needs.
He could put £20M in right now, and tell none of us about it. Maybe he already has. And hasn't.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »