Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Cheers washington Thumb up glad you enjoy my posts! i've enjoyed posting them Laugh

let's hope this time next year we're all posting similar drunken ramblings as we celebrate our return to the top table Big Grin
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I'd give Keane a miss. It all comes down to what DC plans for the quality of player he wants in. Keane is good but similar I think in many respects to players we have. We need a pacy striker to get in behind the opposition and play on the last man.
Imre varadi likes this post
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
(04-05-2015, 23:31)Imre varadi Wrote: we need wickham !!! or Fryatt ??? would fryatt be able to come back ? hes out of favour at forest and his price tag must have dropped ? wickham will only come if sunderland go down or will he because they dont realy need to sell him with the money they will have !! i cant think of any more ? bamfords name is getting bashed about , but hes hardly that proven ?

Fryatt is an injury prone strike who we wouldn't be interested in apart from the fact he scored two goals for us against Reading two seasons ago. He rejected us for Forest and has had another injury ridden season. At 29, his best days are gone.

Wickham would be the best signing we could get even if his wages are way beyond our budget. Signing him would sell an extra 2000 STs but I doubt it would happen.

Bamford is a consistent striker with 43 goals in the last two seasons on loan, leading Derby & Boro to the Playoffs in successive seasons. He is much better than what we have & guarantees 15-20 goals but Mourinho won't loan players to SG after the Lewis Baker debacle so our only chance is to buy him. 

Let's hope that we continue to look at young players with their best days ahead of them and at least one with some pace.

What about Seko Fofana on a season long loan from Man City?

He has impressed on loan at Fulham this season and 20 years old should be perfect for us particularly playing alongside McGugan & Melo in CM. Another good young loan signing would be Deli Ali from Spurs although I guess he is more likely to go to MK Dons.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Mourhino has already said he wants Bamford to go on loan to a EPL team next season.

Well, I'm sure I read it somewhere over the weekend in a article about how he will be allowed to stop at Migglesbru for the play-offs.
and complicated
If we were ambitious last summer, we would have gone for Bamford & Afobe.

Maybe I am just saying that because that is what I said a year ago. A year on and Bamford & Afobe did great but we didn't. SG's judgement on players isn't great.

Also am hearing that SG isn't happy because DC has said that he doesn't have the final say on transfers, just a say. Apparently he has already been over ruled on a couple of decisions.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Expect a new Adviser to be appointed soon.
No name yet about the new adviser, my brother said he had read in the papers yesterday that it was someone from Charlton.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/owls-...41868.aspx
(05-05-2015, 14:31)Owlkev71 Wrote: No name yet about the new adviser, my brother said he had read in the papers yesterday that it was someone from Charlton.

I heard that saturday and you've just reminded me. Must have forgotten it somehow Whistle
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
Retained list coming shortly.

The list of those released reads as Lewis Buxton, Giles Coke, Paul Corry, Rafa Floro, Dejan Kelhar, Gary Madine, Joe Mattock, Jacques Maghoma, Rhys McCabe, Matt Young and Kamil Zayatte.

Dialogue is ongoing with Chris Kirkland, Kieran Lee, Glenn Loovens, Chris Maguire and Jose Semedo.
Towinjustonce likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed