Thread Rating:
Match Thread - Watford
We wont be top ten next season unless we get new a new manager.
Maddix, madsteve, Towinjustonce like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(04-05-2015, 12:41)Owlkev71 Wrote: We wont be top ten next season unless we get new a new manager.

Sadly the people on this site are in the minority. The majority of Wednesday fans want to give SG a chance & give him to at least Christmas next season.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(04-05-2015, 17:38)madsteve Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 12:41)Owlkev71 Wrote: We wont be top ten next season unless we get new a new manager.

Sadly the people on this site are in the minority. The majority of Wednesday fans want to give SG a chance & give him to at least Christmas next season.

I'm prepared to give him a chance, but Xmas is way too long if things are going right, we need to start quickly if we want promotion!!
(04-05-2015, 17:48)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 17:38)madsteve Wrote:

I'm prepared to give him a chance, but Xmas is way too long if things are going right, we need to start quickly if we want promotion!!

I'm sorry but he's already had enough time to show us what we can expect. He had backing in January and the loan window and performances have got worse. If we hadn't scored a few points before the others sussed his only game plan out we would be contemplating visits to Burton and Shrewsbury today.
madsteve, Owlkev71, Towinjustonce like this post
and complicated
I don't agree he has necessarily had enough time though. The takeover happened right at the end of the January window, so while he was able to bring in some players I am sure they would not have been the targets we would have had if the takeover had been a month earlier. We have a full transfer window with money to spend from the start, if he is able to bring in who he wants and these players are demonstrably better than what we let go (ie of the McGugan quality) then I think he will be given the first couple of months to get them performing as we expect, if not he should be let go.
If we decide SG is the right man then at least have the guts to stick with him for the full season. If he is the right man now, he is the right man for next season. We need a flying start and that will not happen with SG.

It's either promotion or SG. I don't mind DC giving SG a chance but please don't talk about promotion if you are writing off next season by giving a third rate coach a go. We are rich. Go for the best coach we can afford because getting the best coach counts for far more than getting the right players.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
MS, I don't disagree but who is the best coach if its not SG?? Names such as Mark Warburton or Paul Lambert have been mentioned but how do we know they are the right ones either?? Any managerial appointment is a risk whoever you are, most of the time its about financial backing, which we now have so who knows if SG will be better or worse than others? We as a club are in unchartered waters for us, mistakes will be made, for me its about getting results with the new signings we should now be able to make and if SG does that then great, if not get rid. I ma not advocating writing off next season, I just don't think DC is going to make a change between now and the start of next season anyway.
(04-05-2015, 20:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: MS, I don't disagree but who is the best coach if its not SG??  Names such as Mark Warburton or Paul Lambert have been mentioned but how do we know they are the right ones either??  Any managerial appointment is a risk whoever you are, most of the time its about financial backing, which we now have so who knows if SG will be better or worse than others?  We as a club are in unchartered waters for us, mistakes will be made, for me its about getting results with the new signings we should now be able to make and if SG does that then great, if not get rid.  I ma not advocating writing off next season, I just don't think DC is going to make a change between now and the start of next season anyway.

I don't know enough about who is out there as a replacement but IMO we need a change to progress quickly. While SG is a nice guy in interviews and I'm sure a great (player friendly) coach on the training field I think his motivational and tactical skills for actual games are lacking. Thats the principal reason for this seasons poor results and lack of goals at S6 and not the pitch. We have definitely played not to lose rather than to win and away we've luckily got more points than deserved through that approach.
Towinjustonce likes this post
(04-05-2015, 20:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: MS, I don't disagree but who is the best coach if its not SG??  Names such as Mark Warburton or Paul Lambert have been mentioned but how do we know they are the right ones either??  Any managerial appointment is a risk whoever you are, most of the time its about financial backing, which we now have so who knows if SG will be better or worse than others?  We as a club are in unchartered waters for us, mistakes will be made, for me its about getting results with the new signings we should now be able to make and if SG does that then great, if not get rid.  I ma not advocating writing off next season, I just don't think DC is going to make a change between now and the start of next season anyway.

Who is the right man isn't 100% clear. What is 100% clear is that it isn't SG.

What is the point in spending money on getting the best crew if you don't have the best captain. We need to be looking for the next Eddie Howe, a bright intelligent thinker.

Mark Warburton has had two great seasons at Brentford. He is an intelligent bright thinker, so much so that even Glenn Hoddle was surprised at his ideas in a football debate.

Nicky Mellon has turned Shrewsbury around in one season. He has tightened up their defence, only conceding 31 goals but still scoring 67 goals so getting promoted on 89 points.

Jimi Floyd Hasselbaink has continued where Gary Rowett left off at Burton and led them to promotion.

Karl Robinson has finally led MK Dons to promotion despite having to sell his best player each season. His reputation for improving young players means that he often gets the best loan players from top clubs.

There are four names to start with, all of whom might lead us to promotion. They might not. SG definately won't. I see little point is wasting a big chunk of the kitty on SG's choices of players when he will be sacked in September with the money spent & another season already in tatters.
Maddix likes this post
(03-05-2015, 21:54)peiowl Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 22:01)Maddix Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 21:40)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Can't claim when you're a student.

So next summer I'll sleep about a bit and get myself up the duff then my future is sorted.

Maybe I'll fit in a bit more round thurnscoe Whistle

Slag  Cool

Is PEI still dead  Huh

Is the Pope dead? I'm in Nova Scotia trying to get people to buy my book. I've tried  knuckle dusters but the bookstore owner said I have to be more tactful.  Doh Anyhow I've had time to reflect on things and this is how i see it.
* Nuhiu is a donkey
*Montreal Canadiens have to score goals or bloody tampa bay will beat them in Stanley Cup.
*Toronto blue jays starting pitching is letting them down.
*Nuhiu is no good.

There. How, s that for astute thinking?  Whistle

Well I was in Halifax all day yesterday, granted I stayed in the park and had an Ice cream and a ride on the train, and I didn't see you selling any books  Cool
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »