Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Slowly pricing the poor out of it..

Thank heavens for the Club Credit Card and financing!! Now you can be in debt all year, paying extortionate interest rates just so you can sit in the cold and watch the shite SG churns out! Big Grin

Beggars belief.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
0% credit card but then you have to remember to pay it off Big Grin

Think I'll go down the finance route (if they accept me Doh) and get mine and my brothers at the same time. Over 10 months it would cost £55 (ish) with a one off £27 admin fee
Statesideowl likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I am hoping that the West Ham initiative catches on but I am not sure it will. They have the luxury of knowing their move to the Olympic stadium means they can get about another 20,000 fans into each game, so they can reduce ST prices and accommodate more fans to essentially pay for the reduction. In the PL the prices will keep going up while ever the stadiums are almost full, one fan drops out, another replaces him. Until the attendances begin to drop they will keep charging more. Arsenal's cheapest season ticket is now over 1000 pounds, yet they sell out most games!!

I will add though that I imagine that these prices were decided by MM prior to DC coming on board. Sure he could have changed them but I think at this stage he recognises that we need to maximise the revenue so that we do not fall foul off FFP and this is one of the few ways we can currently do it. The scoreboard will increase the revenue a bit and eventually having better facilities in the ground will add something, but charging more to watch the games will definitely increase the revenue. Of course the product on the field has to improve and we need to be winning and challenging the top if we want to increase the attendances, so they had better get busy to entice the floating fans to want to be part of the journey we are about to embark on!!
The reason I think it will have been MM is from his interviews after he took over saying about us being behind other teams revenues but he was willing to honour the prices which were fixed by lee strafford for 3 years.

Last season they rose about £50 so this £100 rise this season would be to bring us in line with Leeds
(27-04-2015, 05:39)Imre varadi Wrote: I think charlie did a stat thing on this Huh  but here goes again Thumb up  Preston to draw saturday Sad  Mkdonuts to win Doh  Poor old themaclad  Sad  But this will see Preston in the playoffs and hopefully winning it  Thumb up and  playing fourth place which if Chestrefield beat there Brothers will mean that Preston will  play the pigs !! and Preston will win Thumb up  Good night Thumb up ribs hurt Laugh and we are safe from yet another **** Derby game that causes us more problems than good  Doh  

The only problem with this scenario is that the only team with a worse play off record than the blunts is Preston!!!!  I want to see Preston in the auto spot and have Chezzie beat the blunts to take 5th place.  The blunts will struggle against MK Dons, but I can see them maybe getting a result against Swindon.  Its going to be interesting either way, the blunts are seriously inconsistent but they have proved to be a very good cup side, so if they take the attitude of these essentially being cup games then they may have a chance!!  I still think MK Dons are by far the best team in the playoffs currently so assuming the order stay as it is I would expect them to go up.
(27-04-2015, 13:50)madsteve Wrote: Don't think we will sell many more STs at full prices. Also it probably means that standard match day tickets will be £24 - £35 so probably less walk up fans.

Too right MS. I can't justify paying over £100 just to gain entry to the ground on top of the rest of the costs. I already opt for the 'offer' games and then these have to coincide with other commitments which means I only see one or two a season. 

I think, unless I can get 6 numbers right, I've probably seen my last live game at Hillsborough already  Angry Just have to hope Bradford get promoted and Burnley get relegated Whistle
and complicated
I think if I was in the UK I would still have a ST. If we can produce on the field and if we can sustain ourselves at or around the top of the table, then I think we will see crowds increase. I always said if I owned the club I would reward long standing ST holders with lower prices, I would also offer more deals for ST holders to buy at a lower fixed rate if they bought for 2/3/4/5 seasons. I also hope, but doubt it will happen, that once we get to the prem the extra revenue from the tv deal would see the club either freeze prices or even reduce them as that portion of the revenue will become much less important in the whole scheme of things!!
just tell your kids they can get foooked and stop paying for their stuff. Then tell them with the money you've saved you're going to football Thumb up

that's a good idea charlie Thumb up when we get to top of the Prem, those who saw us;
lose at home to exeter 2-1,
or away at exeter 5-1,
or away at Bury 2-1,
or away at stevenage 5-1,
or at home to stevenage 1-0,
or away at carlise on a tuesday night 3-2,
or lose away at tranmere 3-0
or draw at home to 9 man yeovil 2-2

deserve a tenner off per game Thumb up probably missed some shit as well, amongst all the shit you lot have seen al though if you saw us play in Europe your season ticket should go up £300 Laugh
Thrashing Spora Luxembourg and then losing to those cheating bastards at Kaiserslautern can't be worth that much Thurny!

Though to be fair I think experiencing Wednesday in European competition is a once in a lifetime deal, priceless Big Grin
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Question, how much was a ST on the Kop if you bought it with the early bird discounts?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed