Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(23-04-2015, 09:52)madsteve Wrote: Expect Madine to get 20 goals next season, just not for us.

Maybe but I expect it to be in a lower league than the Championship as well, probably League 1.
Just with SG's record of players he rejected banging them in, like Antonio & Afobe.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Well lets hope going forward that the need to "reject" players is now history for us!!
I had a bet with another Wednesday fan back in August. He said that Nuhui would score than twice as many goals as Antonio. I took Antonio.

I am happy to take Madine against Nuhui next season irrespective of what league they play in.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I will be more than happy not to have to care about either of them next season!!!! We can do so much better than both Nuhiu and Madine, just got to find them and get them in.
How much do you think we'd have to spend to get this squad into the play offs?

I'd say about 5/6million personally

striker £2m
2 wingers £3m
CB £1m

and mcgugan so another £1m probably
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
You are assuming that we will pay transfer fees, I think some of the players we buy will be free agents and we will now be in a position to offer the wages required to attract them.
That depends on who is out of contract I suppose. Can we be as lucky with the freebies as we were with Westwood and Lees? (I know we paid something for lees but it was minimal)
(23-04-2015, 21:53)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: How much do you think we'd have to spend to get this squad into the play offs?

I'd say about 5/6million personally

striker £2m
2 wingers £3m
CB £1m

and mcgugan so another £1m probably

In this division, any money spent on transfer fees is money lost. Any prudent club goes for out of contract players but pays good wages so they get the best ones.
it does depend on who is out of contract though. Most of the top talents for this league are tied up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed