Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
Often go to Florida in July. Weather is fine by me. Never had much rain. In fact can only remember rain lasting for an hour or so apart from one 24 hour storm about eight years ago.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Many Clouds, thank you, £50.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
On a roll with nine of last eleven bets winning since Easter. Four bets today.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I'm quitting Angry football teams just don't seem to get that some of us have bets so losing to the bottom of the league is not acceptable Angry
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
thats not a bad shout tbh imre, have thought about it.

I'll have to see what (if any) money I win today before I decide whether to back it
The key to football betting is to stay away from results and concentrate on goals & corners. That is where the consistent profit is.

Only got two out of four winners yesterday but the big bet on Under 2.5 Goals at Crewe meant it was another profitable week with the low corners at Morecambe sealing it. It wasn't as big a winning set of bets as the previous three but still cleared £91 profit.

Made £330 midweek, £580 last Saturday & £614 on Easter Monday.

Here is a full list of my bets:

£600 Brentford v Nottm F - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.74 - Result 2-2 - WON
£200 Cardiff v Bolton - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.86 - Result 0-3 - Lost
£200 Exeter v Newport - Under 11 Corners (DNB) @ 1.85 - Result 9 Corners - WON
£200 Portsmouth v Plymouth - Under 10.5 Corners @ 2.00 - Result 9 Corners - WON
£200 Sheff Wed v Charlton - Under 10.5 Corners @2.00 - Result 9 Corners - WON
£200 Crewe v Leyton O - Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 - Result 1-1 - WON
£200 Port Vale v MK Dons - Over 11.5 Corners @ 1.80 - Result 9 Corners - Lost
£200 Wimbledon v Oxford - Under 10.5 Corners @ 1.925 - Result 9 Corners - WON
£400 Southend v Tranmere - Over 11.5 Corners @ 1.975 - Result 15 Corners - WON
£200 Brighton v Huddersfield - Under 11 Corners (DNB) @ 1.80 - Result 7 Corners - WON
£200 Sheff Wed v Brentford - Under 11 Corners (DNB) @ 1.85 - Result 10 Corners - WON
£200 Cardiff v Millwall - Under 10 Corners (DNB) @ 1.90 - Result 12 Corners - Lost
£400 Crewe v Walsall - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.74 - Result 1-1 - WON
£200 Carlisle v Plymouth - Under 10.5 Corners @ 1.925 - Result 14 Corners - Lost
£200 Morecambe v Burton - Under 9.5 Corners @ 1.975 - Result 9 Corners - WON

That is £1615 profit since Easter.

You need to find an area where your knowledge is greater than the bookies. At this stage of the season, the bookies shorten up teams with something to play for massively so the value is elsewhere. There were clear coupon busters yesterday with Wimbledon v Wycombe and Swindon v Yeovil because Wycombe & Swindon cannot be trusted with a penny against teams with nothing to lose. Even Wednesday bust a few accumulators.

The bookies try to encourage punters into mug bets like accumulators or Goalscorer/Score bets with big odds and that is where most punters go. Thankfully, it means that I can take my money relatively unnoticed because it is a small amount to the bookies but if you do it every week, it can provide a decent second income.
Thurnscoe_OWL likes this post
I have made money before by starting at a tenner and putting it on in play goals, it's just finding time to do stuff like that really
It certainly takes time. I probably spend about ten hours per set of matches, updating statistics and combing through every match in every division.

Sometimes there are clear opportunities mid match. Last Tuesday, I would have laid 0-0 shortly before we scored if I hadn't been at the match and yesterday, I fancied over 2.5 goals half way through the second half which would have been around 5/2. Bookies & punters seem to forget about added time so sometimes there is a good bet with a few minutes remaining.
Two out of two winning bets in midweek:

£200 on Blackburn v Millwall - Under 10.5 Corners @ 1.95 - WON (10 Corners)
£200 on Rochdale v Leyton O - Under 10.5 Corners @ 1.80 - Won (7 Corners)

13 winning bets out of 17 since Easter.
had a four fold last night that let me down Angry

Monaco v Juvertus over 0.5 goals
real v athletico over 0.5 goals
Reading v Birmingham over 0.5 goals
Dundee v Celtic over 1.5 goals

free scoring Juventus and Monaco who had to go for it played out a goal less game Angry all the other games came in Angry
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »