Thread Rating:
RIFC
Dave King can become a Director of RIFC, but is still awaiting 'fit and proper person' clearance from the SFA.

Rangers FC - Dave King Statement
AVFC RFC SAFC
Hmm, more transparency but less information appears to be the end note there.

Not the worst of things but there's a difference between avoiding feeding the media and secrecy.

Anyway, he can legitimately be a director now and an appointment to the football board no doubt awaits the rubber stamp of the sfa...or not.
RIFC has released a formal statement clarifying that Sports Direct's 'ownership' of club trademarks is just a slightly complicated form of security over them until the £5m loan is repaid.
Perhaps other quarters will stop wetting themselves now.
I wasn't worried - the oldest of those badges was registered in 1967 so hardly our inheritance from the founders.

Let's face it -in the event of anyone but Rangers owning those badges, who would buy the merchandise? I can just see the Timultuous hordes strolling about the Barras in Rangers tops and scarves in order to gloat.
That's just it if they actually took a step back and realised, its not in his interest to not have a successful team on the park.
The Barras? Bit high quality for that mob.
They're on their way back from the Briggit.
In the response to media speculation regarding Rangers' Intellectual Property (IP), the message is : 'Don't panic !'.

From the link El Car posted :

It has been widely reported that the trademarks, the iconic symbols of our Club, are now in the possession of Sports Direct.

Rangers supporters can be reassured that Sports Direct fully accept that all of the IP rights registered in their name will be returned to the Club when the loan facility – the previous Board drew down £5m - is repaid.

AVFC RFC SAFC
If I was King and the rest of the board I would get MA paid off as soon as possible or else these little stories will keep resurfacing and just keep potentially derailing the on field activities!!

You are right Larry, don't panic, but the contracts agreed to by the previous boards seem to have all sorts of clauses in them that were not public information before. I for one would be very worried about what the next story that comes out reveals, is it only a matter of time before it is revealed that Ibrox has been "mortgaged" in some form as well???
To be fair, we were told at the time the loan was agreed that the trademarks would form part of the security. Wish I could say I was surprised that people hadn't learned their lesson from the rangerstaxcase farce, where the blog made a habit of obtaining documents and information and then completely misinterpreting them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »