Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
Anyone interested in the National tomorrow?

top tips from those in the business are Al Co (20/1) and Shutthefrontdoor (15/2) 

I'm having (all each way):
  • Al Co, 20/1 (won last years scottish national)
  • Pineau De Re, 20/1 (last years winner)
  • Oscar Time, 33/1 (placed twice in the national before but knocking on a bit at 14)
  • Chance Du Roy, 40/1 (slight outsider but could be this years surprise) 
  • shutthefrontdoor 15/2 (favourite, ridden by AP McCoy in his last ever National before he retires)
  • Godsmejudge, 20/1 (just like the name  Big Grin )
another with an outside chance is Lord Windemere 50/1 (last years gold cup winner) but having a shit season this year so I'm not backing it
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
The National used to be the only thing I ever put a bet on!! Never won much but always had a bet.
2 years ago everyone in my family won a few hundred when Aurora's encore won at 66/1. reason we all backed it was because my youngest sister had just been born a couple of months earlier and my mum called her Aurora Big Grin
all my picks were chosen with inside help (ish, I looked on here Grand National runners and ignored most of the advice Laugh) I looked through form, weights, weather for tomorrow, jockeys etc for most of them though
Far from an expert on horses but won Dolatulo in the SKY Poker Freeroll (get £500 if it wins & £300 if it places) plus a £5 free bet, which I have put on the horse (e/w) at 80/1.

I did that last year with the horse I won, Pineau De Re, which won at 28/1 so who knows, lightning might strike twice.

On a sensible note, got three out of four winners on Easter Monday including a big bet on Over 2.5 Goals on Brentford v Forest. My bets for today are:

Wednesday v Charlton - Under 10.5 Corners at 2.00 (Bet365)
Crewe v Leyton O - Under 2.5 Goals at 2.00 (Betfair)
Port Vale v MK Dons - Over 11.5 Corners at 1.80 (Bet365)
Wimbledon v Oxford - Under 10 Corners (Draw No Bet) a 1.925 (Bet365)
Southend v Tranmere - Over 11.5 Corners at 1.975 (Bet365)

Have a little more on the Southend match than the others.

The most profitable months are usually January, February & March but so far April has been good so I am continuing to bet at the same amount.

For a punt have backed no cards for Swansea v Everton at 20/1 (BWin).
Thurnscoe_OWL likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(11-04-2015, 08:59)madsteve Wrote: Far from an expert on horses but won Dolatulo in the SKY Poker Freeroll (get £500 if it wins & £300 if it places) plus a £5 free bet, which I have put on the horse (e/w) at 80/1.

I did that last year with the horse I won, Pineau De Re, which won at 28/1 so who knows, lightning might strike twice.

On a sensible note, got three out of four winners on Easter Monday including a big bet on Over 2.5 Goals on Brentford v Forest. My bets for today are:

Wednesday v Charlton - Under 10.5 Corners at 2.00 (Bet365)
Crewe v Leyton O - Under 2.5 Goals at 2.00 (Betfair)
Port Vale v MK Dons - Over 11.5 Corners at 1.80 (Bet365)
Wimbledon v Oxford - Under 10 Corners (Draw No Bet) a 1.925 (Bet365)
Southend v Tranmere - Over 11.5 Corners at 1.975 (Bet365)

Have a little more on the Southend match than the others.

The most profitable months are usually January, February & March but so far April has been good so I am continuing to bet at the same amount.

For a punt have backed no cards for Swansea v Everton at 20/1 (BWin).

Four out of five winners this week including the bigger bet at Southend.

I also got one out of four on my correct score bets with Bury's 2-0 win at 13/1 so more profit.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
dint win owt on natioanl

forest onlr one letting me down on footy Thumb down
(12-04-2015, 01:12)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: dint win owt on natioanl

forest onlr one letting me down on footy Thumb down

Should have made some money then. 

Always happy to get 80% as winners.

Got enough for my summer holidays now so Florida it is.

Big Grin
Why on earth are you wanting to go to Florida?? Hot and humid in the summer with lots of rain!!
Imre varadi likes this post
(12-04-2015, 03:12)Imre varadi Wrote: And its full of **** Americans ?

Actually in the summer its full of Brits!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »