Thread Rating:
RIFC
And the full statement to the LSE:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/excha...05227.html

Interesting to note the intention to explore listing on the ISDX market instead.
We are where we are now, i would like to think that this statement is a true reflection of what actually went on.
They would look very silly if this statement is dismissed by the LSE, But then again even if correct and proper the usual folk will have their own agenda on the matter anyway.
Hardly breeds confidence in Murray and King though, does it?

If they wanted to piss off a fairly large portion of the very people that supported them - and bought shares to do so - then this is the ideal way to do it.

If they stay delisted then it'll be much easier for them to avoid any form of scrutiny. I don't see how that can be anything but a bad idea.
I have to agree it's not ideal for shareholders, but have they been delisted through the poor working practice of the previous board?
That's what they're trying to say. I'm far from satisfied that's the actual case though.

Trust is an important thing to build, and I'm struggling (more than usual) to find much of it for Murray & King.
Time will tell, starting to get some investment in the door would be a start.

It's a 2 way street if they expect us to back them through sales of season tix etc.
No one will ever know but this feels like it was Kings preferred way forward all along and he has a very convenient scapegoat in the old board and the clubs prior finances to use!! King made statements that a nomad was in place and ready to go after the EGM, that may well have been the case but as it states after due diligence has been performed the nomad has decided that he is no longer prepared to take up the position!! Seems an obvious question, but what did they find that caused them to say no way, when previous nomad was happy enough to accept???

As I said, feels like this was the desired outcome all along, and as you say Trus, the transparency has now potentially disappeared along with it!! Time for the board, and particularly King, to put his money where his mouth is and move the club forward.
Hmm, this isn

Hmm, this isnt the best of starts. All it does is fee

Hmm, this isnt the best of starts. All it does is feed the fires that are kept well stoked by the haters.

I wonder if what we have here is the long arm of Ashley being flexed?

Hmm, this isnt the best of starts. All it does is feed the fires that are kept well stoked by the haters.

I wonder if what we have here is the long arm of Ashley being flexed?

This time it was my phone...I think.
King and Murray have been at the vanguard of a movement to discredit the company its board members and it's management for much of the past 2 years. I think it's a bit rich for them to try to say the reason for the delisting is because of reputational damage but it's nothing to do with them. Not that they're the only ones. There have been plenty of supposed fans who couldn't wait to jump on forums or run to the press to announce that they'd made complaints to AIM. Now the chickens have come home to roost.

As for whether or not this was King's plan all along, I'm not certain but I don't find it at all hard to believe. Seems he goes rather often to the 'such and such told me this thing privately but now they've gone back on their word' well. Is everyone around him really always lying while he tells nothing but the truth?
Let's face it - the majority of press we get is bad and we are probably the most mentioned in the press AIM listed company. It wouldn't surprise me if you googled 'AIM' that Rangers and negativity would be at the top of the hit list.

However I also think financial and influential muscles are being flexed.

Still, the seeds of doubt have now been down - we'll just have to wait and see what sprouts. Maybe season ticket money should be in an escrow account until somebody invests?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »