Thread Rating:
Around The World In 128 Days: England on tour, 2024-25
All over! Record innings total for any team in the 21st century, Brook the first English treble-centurion since Gooch in 1990 and the first on foreign soil in over ninety-one years (Wally Hammond in Auckland, 1933). Of 102 occasions when a team have batted first in a Test in Asia and scored 500+, Pakistan are the first to go on and lose. Not a bad old way to kick off the tour!

(11-10-2024, 07:46)themaclad Wrote: The wicket still fairly flat although Carse getting a bit of lift, no wicket in first 45 minutes. Second test at the same ground might not be too difficult to predict what the wicket will be like

Carse bowled well and deserved better returns for his effort. Credit to Aamer Jamal though, he got a few nasty knocks off Carse but stuck it out, and even took on some of the short balls for his 55*.
Lord Snooty likes this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Pakistan win the toss in Multan and elect to bat first on last week's pitch, which is already showing signs of turn in the opening ten overs; two wickets for Leach as the hosts slide to 19-2.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
This will be a more interesting game after last weeks bore fest, think the solution to make cricket more exciting play them on wickets which have been used at least 50 times. Bowlers Union rules OK
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Carse looks a good bet for the future(see what I did there!!!!)
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »