Thread Rating:
HTFC Summer transfer window 2024
Kane signs. Sounds a good lad. Barnsley fan at our place is devastated.
SHEP_HTAFC and theo_luddite like this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I'm so glad it's not Harry Kane. What good is a penalty taker to us; we never get awarded any.
Lord Snooty and theo_luddite like this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Alfie May has signed......

for the Brummies. Blush
I still think at least one more to sign this week. I’m still out on our Euro2024 adventure so my info is a little hit and miss at the moment.
Anthony Evans has signed from Bristol Rovers.
Sorry. Antony without an h.
My fears for you are rooted in how Chesterfield's descent began. I can see the argument for cutting your cloth. I can see that the Rudoni money is much more than the usual deal for a Division One player. But we sold players and the money didn't benefit the club. We cut our cloth, the first fitting almost strangled us, next time some little boy started singing "The King is in the all together" - only old people know that one! Good recruitment is possible within a budget, but unfortunately the willingness of players and agents to sign is affected by their perception of where they think the club is going. You have to talk a good game as well as play one.
I'm quite happy with what's been done so far, Dev. I think we'll be alright.
I do hope you are right Snoots. We went off in a promotion position the season after losing out on Division One play-offs. From smelling disaster we thought we might be see a light at the end of the tunnel. It wasn't an oncoming train. It was a much slower process than that, but if reliable people like you, Theo and Amelia are happy so far that is a good sign. I did like Rudoni, but then we never know what is coming next with players do we? One minute it is a nutmeg and a Cruyff turn, the next it is an ACL and a stretcher. At some point it is a business and you do have to cash in.
The one big flaw in Rudoni's game was his ability to miss a barn door from around 18 yds or less on a regular basis. I preferred him in a more central midfield role to playing out wide, but other than towards the end of the season I couldn't accuse him of not putting a shift in. Had he scored say 10 goals each season I'm sure more town fans would hae took to him too. Scoring goals has been our problem for far too long, including under Wagner.

It's good that we are scoring goals against non-league opposition in warm-up games, but I doubt their part-time lads are putting too much of a shift in either. They've likely a full-time job to go to over the Summer that pays their bills as well as kicking a bag of wind around at the weekend to top up their beer token funds.
That said, we scored loads down in Warnock's neck of the woods last pre-season and then totally forgot how to do it when it mattered.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »