Thread Rating:
HTFC Summer transfer window 2024
Being linked now with a goalscorer who has a proven track record at this level.

Charlton Athletic's Alfie May, who played for Duff at Cheltenham.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Well you won't get Alfie May for free ........., but he would be a good signing at the right price.

And as for starting again from scratch and letting anybody and everybody go .......... assuming we don't get promotion or dumped back to the National League, we'll look forward to playing you in 25/26.

You have a nucleus of a few Championship-level players who could be the basis of a promotion-challenging Division One side next season ....... if you recruit wisely. The sides that went up from Division One last season weren't any better than your relegated side. Chesterfield played Portsmouth in the cup and you could see that they had some decent players who were capable of better BUT they didn't cause us - a National League side - a deal of trouble.

Smashing all the clocks is great for revolutions, but evolution is generally a better approach to football recruitment.

And surely even spending £750,000 on sorting Sorba Thomas out, would be money well-spent on a player who OUGHT to be worth several times that amount in the transfer market?
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Sorba needs a sports psychologist.

Our bid for Alfie May has been rejected, apparently.
We've lost out on Burgzorg. He's signed for Middlesbrough.
(14-06-2024, 19:58)Lord Snooty Wrote: We've lost out on Burgzorg. He's signed for Middlesbrough.

Am I bovvered?
Quite happy he's now their problem to be honest. Not often I've shouted for a Town player to be subbed, but I did last season with him. 'kin hopeless as a team player. Oh, they've also signed Luke Ayling, another guy that has played above and beyond his ability in my opinion.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Swansea are wanting to sign Lee Nicholls.
Are we wanting anyone
Another day, another door, another high, another low
We want Alfie May, and we have offered very good money for him
Anyone else? Marc Leonard from Brighton looks a good option and seems like there could be a bidding war going on for him
Another day, another door, another high, another low
If Sorba Thomas can be cured he IS worth spending money on, for you or any club that thinks they can get him back on track.

You have to remember he ended up as a star in non-league football because he gave up the game completely after being rejected at the end of his academy career. He had to be strongly persuaded to give it another go before he proved he was the best player in the National League. Obviously he is mentally fragile and CAN make all the wrong choices. Whether you fans think he is worth the effort is up to you, but when you were trying for the Premier League you did all think he was wonderful. That hasn't miraculously disappeared. He has disappeared it. He could be the best player in Division One and make a hatful for a striker like Alfie May, especially with Rudoni alongside. But he could be a disaster and become a huge negative amongst his team mates ....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »