Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Washington it's not looking good
Leeds v Southampton at Wembley.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
West Brom have been poor in both games, showed no ability to get into good scoring positions. On the games so far I can't see Soton beating L**ds either.
It's only fair Southampton and Leeds are in the final hence the playoffs in the championship is a load of shite bring back 3 promotions in this league only ..too much at stake ..it's going to be great watching Leeds eff up !
(17-05-2024, 22:43)Imre varadi Wrote: It's only fair Southampton and Leeds are in the final hence the playoffs in the championship is a load of shite bring back 3 promotions in this league only ..too much at stake ..it's going to be great watching Leeds eff up !

No way, the play offs are the only hope for a lot of teams to get into the PL when competing against three relegated teams on parachute payments. Plus they generate a ton of money so no way are they giving that up.
And this is the problem ..money
(17-05-2024, 22:43)Imre varadi Wrote: It's only fair Southampton and Leeds are in the final

Yeah that's because they knew I'd predicted it Laugh
and complicated
(17-05-2024, 22:56)Imre varadi Wrote: And this is the problem ..money

Absolutely, but that is never going to change now. Its only a matter of time before a Super League of some sort is started and for me if the "Big" 6 want to go they can just xxxx off!! We can then get back to a competitive and fairer league without them.
Imre varadi and Maddix like this post
(17-05-2024, 23:13)St Charles Owl Wrote:

Absolutely, but that is never going to change now. Its only a matter of time before a Super League of some sort is started and for me if the "Big" 6 want to go they can just xxxx off!! We can then get back to a competitive and fairer league without them.

I think I said exactly the same but with better profanities when it was first mooted Thumb up It's happening anyway with this FIFA 32 club World trophy cup thingy proposal that the players are already moaning about but will have great ambition and my dream to play in Laugh
and complicated
(17-05-2024, 23:18)Maddix Wrote:
(17-05-2024, 23:13)St Charles Owl Wrote:

I think I said exactly the same but with better profanities when it was first mooted Thumb up It's happening anyway with this FIFA 32 club World trophy cup thingy proposal that the players are already moaning about but will have great ambition and my dream to play in Laugh

That one is just crazy!! The money in football comes from showing games on TV and worldwide the PL dominate that market, and rightly so. Who on earth is going to watch these Club World Cup games where a team from Africa is paying the Korean Champions!!! There are no rivalries, no atmosphere and virtually no competition aside from half a dozen teams?? If the TV companies buy into this it might work but I just can't see average football fans watching it, particularly if its on a subscription service.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »