Thread Rating:
West Bromwich Albion Deepdale 30/9/2023
Preston North End v West Bromwich Albion
Deepdale 30 September 2023 1500 hrs

http://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21

https://www.wba.co.uk/

MANAGER

Carlos Corberán Vallet (born 7 April 1983) is a Spanish football coach who is currently manager of EFL Championship club West Bromwich Albion.

Previously the head coach of Doxa and Ermis in the Cypriot First Division, Corberán was first team assistant coach and manager of the under-23s side at Leeds United.[1][2] He then managed in his own right at Huddersfield Town and Olympiacos.

LAST TIME OUT

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-26-142058.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-26-142137.png]

FORM GUIDE

PNE 16 WBA 8

THE MARKET

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-26-142220.png]

THE JOY OF EX

Jayson Molumby

[Image: Molumby.jpg]

Adam Reach

[Image: Adam%20Reach%20gallery%20main.jpg]

WE'VE MET BEFORE

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-26-143212.png]

DANGER MAN

[Image: John_Swift%2C_Brentford_FC%2C_December_2015.jpg]

Swift is a class player
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Sorry to ruin your unbeaten start, Mac. But I can only see a 0-2 (or more) Whistle
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
We’ll see

Who’s Available?

Will Keane, who has missed the previous three fixtures, has come to the final stages of his rehabilitation, however he will need to be assessed ahead of the weekend.

Emil Riis – sidelined since January – is back in part-contact training, as is fellow long-term absentee Ched Evans, who is due for a scan in early October which could clear him to return to action.

Calvin Ramsay is also coming to the end of his rehabilitation with parent club Liverpool and could be back at Euxton within the next few weeks.

Opposition Focus

West Brom have made a mixed start to the campaign, having won and lost twice respectively in their opening eight matches.

Still without an away victory, Carlos Corberán’s side will be looking to kickstart their season at Deepdale, where they are winless since December 2019.

There’s certainly no lack of individual quality within the Baggies’ ranks, with the likes of Jed Wallace and John Swift having been top performers in the Championship in recent years – however both were only used as substitutes in their previous outing.

Match Officials

Josh Smith – who took charge of North End’s home victory over Swansea City last month – will referee this fixture.

So far this season, he’s officiated nine matches, showing 27 yellow cards and one red.

As big weeks go this is one were we will find out a lot more about the team, Baggies, Foxes and Tractors the last two are away which will include fat arse after sitting on a coach syndrome.
First up Baggies, not exactly setting the world on fire, issues of the field as well, need to play better than we did at the Hawthorns last season or should I say actually turn uplike we didn't do on the night.
Squad looking stronger as absentee's return
Only downer flu jab on the morning of the match

Ahem!!!!
(Sorry, Mac)
themaclad likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Preston North End 0 Wesst Bromwich Albion 4 Furlong, Mowatt, Phillips, Bartley

PNE line-up: Woodman; Storey, Lindsay, Hughes; Potts, McCann (Brady, 45), Ledson (Whiteman, 63), Millar; Holmes (Frøkjær, 63), Browne; Osmajić (Keane, 64). Subs not used: Cornell, Cunningham, Stewart, Woodburn, Whatmough.

West Brom line-up: Palmer; Kipré, Bartley, Pieters (Townsend, 78); Furlong, Yokuşlu (Molumby, 66), Mowatt, Phillips (Taylor, 85); Diangana (Sarmiento, 66), Swift (Chalobah, 78); Wallace. Subs not used: Griffiths, Thomas-Asante, Fellows, Taylor.

Attendance: 16,658 (2,011 West Brom fans).

Referee: Mr J Smith.

Had my Flu job this morning was offered the Covid one at the same time, politely refused, have it another time, might have been a good idea to have both as I could have missed this mismatch.
Our invincability was truly destroyed in a performace which would have led to a defeat against no score Cheltenham. Hard to say whether we were that bad or Albion  were that good, to be fair to them they closed us down denied us space and generally looked a more than decent side.
Rain started prior to kick off and got progressively worse but like our performance. First off Albion's kit, love it , Barcalonaesq but cool made a change from the yellow and green they have had for donkey's years.
One down early doors, a move which included a back flick of a pass might have been planned but panned out well for Albion as Furlong 20 yards out picked his spot whether Woodman should have done better is an interesting question.
We created little giving the ball away on regular basis and sent passes to family and friends in the stands.
Millar had a chance from the edge of the box way over should have done better, before we gifted them a second, Storey's pass to Mowatt in the box saw him score a second, already knew we were not coming back from this
Forced a bit of pressure at the start of the second before Phillips added a third, he had gone close a couple of minutes earlier, shot got a deflection off Storey wrong footed Woodman and Deepdale started to look like Hillsborough last night. Bit of anger between players Potts and Browne were threatening a re run of Doyle/Beckford dual which led to both being sent off luckily enough players got between the two and saved us more embarressment
Substitutions made a bit of difference Frokjaer couldn't keep a snap shot from about 12 yards below the bar, all that was left was Bartley squeezing one in from a corner, the players comlained about a dangerous boot, pleas turned down and a trudge back to the car in the pouring rain was all that remained, one of those days

Preston boss Ryan Lowe told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"We've been terrific so far this season. We're still in a great position. We've only lost one game. We've only lost three points, not six or nine, so it's not all negatives.

"The lads know they weren't good enough, but we won't linger on it. It's still early doors. I've said that all along. We've now just got to pick ourselves up quickly.

"We'll debrief this game, show the lads on Monday, then move on to the next one. I've told them all I want lots of smiles on faces on Monday morning - and there will be.

"The manner of the defeat was a big disappointment, but credit to the opposition. We were nowhere near the levels I expect from the lads, but you have to remember that West Brom are a really good team full of good players and they're well coached. You can see that."

Albion head coach Carlos Corberan told BBC Radio WM:

"Everyone can beat everyone else in this league. I do not know what will happen in the future. I can only analyse what happened in this game.

"In the other games we have played away, we have played well. It is good we won 4-0 away from home. If we had not, I would have been criticised for playing Jed Wallace up front.

"Sometimes when you do things and it works you are a magical coach - and sometimes it does not work.

"I was delighted to see complete effort and commitment from all the players, and that was exactly what I had been after. I have told the players previously that they need to believe in themselves and that belief was there for everyone to see."
talkSAFT likes this post

talkSAFT likes this post

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »