Thread Rating:
World cup 2022 predictions BML
Eddie Howe has to be the next manager surely and let Newcastle get tuchie or whatever he's called !
Darren Moore for me Imre Thumb up anything to get him away from us Cool and he could sort out Barry Bannan's citizenship to replace Mason Mount Thumb up
Statesideowl likes this post
and complicated
That ref Messi whined about (The one that was biased in his favour) has been sent packing by FIFA.
The one that should've reduced Argentina to 9 men lol
Meanwhile, the English players that have made comments about the referee helping France through could face fines Laugh

Cannot take this tournament seriously. It's a good thing England didn't win this one anyway.
It's tarnished with corruption, match fixing and bribery.
All we'd ever hear from other nations is how we 'robbed' another WC through illegitimacy.
Basically, whomever wins is going to have to deal with that. An illegitimate title.

As for the media and fans sugar coating the English performance's. Using statistics to paint a warped picture of reality.
Southgate may have guided England to just as many tournament finals or semi's as the last 20 manager's but the reality is that elite tier nations are not the Gods they used to be.
90's Brazil team would absolutely decimate this 2022 Brazil team and the same can be said of many nations.
The gulf in class isn't the same between minor and major nations these recent tournaments are starting to show this.

So, to come back to Southgate. This is why he shouldn't be allowed to carry on.
The squad of players available (As Gareth left players like Ivan Toney out as he'd only been in fire for his Club all season FFS) Were ample to perform far better than they have been under this rat faced fools stifling tactics and continued ineptitude.
The tournament's he has progressed in, should be the bare minimum considering the quality of opposition. Even then, he's completely failed to seize opportunity.
The bewildered substitutions continue with this man. Saka for Sterling? Why? Why would the guy dealing with 'mental' issues just walk back in to the squad ahead of anyone else?

There's a reason teams like Croatia are consistently in the semis or finals.
The players and the management are a cohesive working unit.
Unfortunately, like the Dutch, the English.
The Croatians are going to get a dose of dodgy match fixing as FIFA want Messi and Argentina through.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(13-12-2022, 11:34)Statesideowl Wrote: As for the media and fans sugar coating the English performance's. Using statistics to paint a warped picture of reality.
Southgate may have guided England to just as many tournament finals or semi's as the last 20 manager's but the reality is that elite tier nations are not the Gods they used to be.
90's Brazil team would absolutely decimate this 2022 Brazil team and the same can be said of many nations.
The gulf in class isn't the same between minor and major nations these recent tournaments are starting to show this.

So, to come back to Southgate. This is why he shouldn't be allowed to carry on.
The squad of players available (As Gareth left players like Ivan Toney out as he'd only been in fire for his Club all season FFS) Were ample to perform far better than they have been under this rat faced fools stifling tactics and continued ineptitude.
The tournament's he has progressed in, should be the bare minimum considering the quality of opposition. Even then, he's completely failed to seize opportunity.
The bewildered substitutions continue with this man. Saka for Sterling? Why? Why would the guy dealing with 'mental' issues just walk back in to the squad ahead of anyone else?

There's a reason teams like Croatia are consistently in the semis or finals.
The players and the management are a cohesive working unit.
Unfortunately, like the Dutch, the English.
The Croatians are going to get a dose of dodgy match fixing as FIFA want Messi and Argentina through.

Based on this logic, Southgate should be given the job for life!! You completely contradict yourself. We are an elite tier nation and always have been, yet according to what you say these nations are not as good now, but when we were that good we still got nowhere under previous managers. Southgate by your admission has steered England to more finals, semis and quarters than all these other managers in a time when you say "The gulf in class isn't the same between minor and major nations these recent tournaments are starting to show this."

I think this England team is unified for once, remember all the Man Utd v Liverpool crap in previous squads? The best thing Southgate has done is to get everyone in the set up on the same page. It might not be a page we like but we are in a far better place as a squad. I haven't seen Southgate or any player say they are happy with where they got to in any of the competitions he has managed, they have all been disappointed and wished they could have gone further. Lets not mistake the crap we hear from the media and the pundits as confirmation of what Southgate thinks!!

(12-12-2022, 23:10)Imre varadi Wrote: Eddie Howe has to be the next manager surely and let Newcastle get tuchie or whatever he's called !

Why on earth would Howe leave Newcastle?? He is on the verge of being given the freedom of the city (and Saudi Arabia as well)!!! Southgate gets death threats through the mail to his home address as well as his office one, mail his family sees. He gets so much abuse for leaving out this player or playing that one and even gets abuse when the players are the ones who screw it up. Why would Howe put himself in this position? As a fan base we are seriously in need of a reality check as to what is right and wrong and sending death threats to his family is part of that decline. What happened to supporters in the last 20 years, we have always been critics and sofa managers but so many now take it to hatred??
Howe would leave Newcastle if Newcastles directores say he leaves ..money is one thing but being offered amunity for the future is another...power games !! Something which Newcastles directores need to get total dominance in the future.
It's called getting away with murder and it's political more than anything else ..you're such a romantic charlie really ( sigh).
No,SCO. I don't consider England an elite team Laugh
I do see what you're saying though.

Southgate will be in charge of the next Euro. The same thing will happen for a third time. Whether the squad is on the same page or not,
Southgate cannot manage a game in real time

Everyone ready for some hilarious match fixing?
Maddix and Imre varadi like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I have 2 very good Argentian friends who don't think like Argentinos...who are a heap of Na..zi sons and daughters vile pieces of dogshit ! I can't despise any race more than them apart from the Chinese...If they all got cancer tomorrow that would make me happy ! Infact nuke both country's that would make me happier !!!

I don't like Croatians either ..more sons and daughters of N..azis !!! So there is no easy choice ...I suppose from the shit pot left I'd rather the french win it ..but there all effing Africans ffs ..less likely to rob or gun people down though like morrocans would ...so the french get my vote !
Not really bothered about football anymore  Cool the darts starts on Thursday  Thumb up won't see anyone throwing it sideways there Laugh
and complicated
I Can't bare any more listening to Ally McCoist jizzing himself over Messi
Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe. None of them have shown much sportsmanship at all.
If anything they're arrogant and disrespectful.

All quite happy to cheat their way to what was once a prestigious title.
They're just wankers these modern 'Footballers'
Maddix and Imre varadi like this post
It's the modern way SS Angry

I remember when 'taking the knee' was what your defenders did to the opposing forwards who just got up and got on with it without expecting a free kick. In most games you needed a broken leg to get a penalty Laugh

I hate the current (and completely accepted) term of 'so and so' draws a foul Angry WTF Huh he's tried to get fouled to gain an 'advantage' instead of playing football Huh You're right SS, there are no real sportsmen left in our game.
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »