Thread Rating:
Another investigation into Rangers business dealings???
No real predicted firesale over at the sevco dome either. Shock. The only surprise is they didn't sign another half a dozen players on deadline day.

The huns piss seems to be really boiled by the fact Edouard has gone to the EPL - after over a year of barely trying a leg - and picked up 70k a week into the bargain, but no one even tried to sign Morelos. Fat Freddo must be like "what the xxxx"? I suspect he and some others will not be happy.

Then Jack Hendry scores a 8.5 mill move to Brugge ffs - and he is absolutely ganting-. But then again when you see the standard of some of the Belgian players, like the huns signing fashion sakala or that duffer Boli at celtic perhaps it makes sense after all.
0762 likes this post
I get the impression that a lotta potentially interested footie clubs regard Rangers as a "no go area" because of their over-inflated pricing of many of their players who, in reality, are not as good as being suggested esp in a soccer "backwater" called the SPFL. Plus the fact that it is clear to many observers that Rangers desperately need to sell some of their players in order to stop the continuous accumulation of more massive debt, something that Gerrard admitted during the close season.
There is definitely a large element of that. But they have kind of boxed themselves in because they wont accept any less than timmy got for Tierney or Dembele for instance. They are so small time they totally obsess over that kind of shit.

More than that though its clear Gerrard can basically do whatever he wants. Clubs that run up the average age of their squad is usually a dead giveaway that the manager's got too much power because they rarely look beyond the next year. To a degree we saw Lennon do the same with his favourites.

The likes of Kent,Barisic,Kamara,Goldson and Morelos all blatantly want away. 2 of them didn't sign new deals during the window, i presume cos they had told their agents to get them out. The likes of Kent and Morelos will want next level money, and they wont get that at sevco.

Letting their better players run down their contracts is going to come back to bite them eventually just like it did over at parkhead. It makes no sense these days to do that, particularly up here. But hey "its Stevie Gerrards Rangers".
And there you have it. Those fierce opponents of racism marching through the streets of glasgow singing a song demanding people who are 3rd or 4th generation immigrants, forced to flee a famine, go home. Imagine if that was any other ethnic group ?

The kamara thing was obviously horrible even though the hypocrisy of that clubs stance reeked to the high heavens. But now its there for all to see. Anti Irish racism and anti Catholic bigotry is something to be downplayed in Scotland, draw false equivalences or joke about.

In footballing terms this is rangers problem 100%, and they could send a strong message to the idiots responsible (who have their own section at ibrox ffs) but in wider Scottish society it's been glossed over for too long. Well done to Mikey Stewart for highlighting it
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
Well said, jim. The problem Rangers have is that they need the same idiots to keep it's head above water financially. They're obviously prepared to be hypocritical about bigotry if it balances the books.
Cabbage is still good for you
My Irish grandparents were hardworking, law abiding folk that were worth a 100 of those wee neds. xxxx them.

Thing is Rangers have made a catastrophic error by charging the media 25k for access. Instead it's the fan groups that have filled the gap and as the record has exposed today a lot of them are far from suitable for the role of club 'media partners' and are goldmines of bigotry. An insane decision thats making this whole thing worse, I mean its not like the Scottish media wouldn't have given them acres of fawning coverage anyway.

The bigger problem is that Rangers are the totem pole that all this pish dances around, and they welcome it. The play the tunes on the tannoy, put out orange strips, hire DUP members for PR jobs, have photo ops with orange bands etc etc. It will never get better until they take ownership.

Im glad some of these wee dicks are getting a knock on the door from plod, it's been a long time coming.
0762 likes this post
I wanna see UEFA absolutely hammer them AGAIN with bigger sanctions than before as I don't see their big chunk of bigoted fans "changing tact" at Ibronx re their sectarian bile that authorities have conveniently "turned a blind eye to" for too long - NOT ANY MORE AND OTHER AUTHORITIES SHOULD BE FORCED TO FOLLOW SUIT INSTEAD OF IGNORING THEIR SHIT!!
They are genuinely shocked that they can no longer be racist, bigoted and misogynistic in public. The institutions that supported their bigotry (or turned a blind eye to it) are pushing back. The Scottish Media for a start (for self interested reasons), Police Scotland (incredibly those morons at union bears tried to get them into bother), and now some politicians are making noises about acting. About time.

I'd start with limiting or banning orange order marches and then push for strict liability. It's the only way. Make no mistake anywhere outside Scotland and that club would be getting closed down.
0762 likes this post
Incredible hearing those scum bastards booing taking the knee at Saint Johnstone this afternoon. Hungarian fans got pelters for doing it v England earlier on, on BBC Scotland it just get shrugged off.

How excruciatingly embarrassing.
Sevco in court today over the cinch fiasco........The following little gem popped up.

“The fact is that right up to June 7, Rangers Football Club Limited was negotiating with cinch to sell them the naming rights to Ibrox so it became the cinch Ibrox stadium and of course that was a proposal of considerable value to Rangers Football Club Ltd."

So no conflict of interest when it came to flogging the stadium name.

This is all about Cinch deciding to go with the SPFLs sponsorship deal instead of the rangers one. It all makes sense now.

Meanwhile the rest of the clubs are left in limbo.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »