Thread Rating:
RIFC
(16-01-2015, 20:44)St Charles Owl Wrote: Thats the same story I put up yesterday and while it says they are willing to do it, they still haven't formally done it from what I can see.  Its definitely a move in the right direction but now they have to put their money where their mouth is and they have to get the board to agree to it.  Doesn't mention what, if any, collateral they will require, that will be  a key thing, previously they have asked for seats on the board, not sure they will get that!!

The link you posted regarding the 3 Bears went to a menu of headlines on a Yahoo Site, SCO.

Details of Dave King's EGM request today, 16/01/2015 :

Skysports - Dave King calls for general meeting and vote to remove Rangers board

The meeting must take place between three and six weeks from now.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Either him or the three bears had to do something and calling an EGM is virtually the only move open to them. Obviously King is not your preferred choice, what would like to see happen over the next few weeks?

Larry, sorry about that, the link goes straight to the article on my Ipad so not sure why it doesn't work for you.
I went to post these this morning, but this Site was down.

From the Rangers FC Investor Site today, 19/01/2015 :

Dave King EGM : Rangers FC - Notice under Section 303 of the Companies Act 2006 (RNS Number : 4736C) 19 January 2015

Charge over Ibrox : Rangers FC - Update regarding financing initiatives (RNS Number : 4737C) 19 January 2015
AVFC RFC SAFC
So in other words Ashley gets the nod.
You know, with all the money we'll owe him and the security over the stadium etc., if we even make it up to the top flight for next season we'll be in pretty much the same position we were in just before Whyte's takeover, except in a financially weaker league and with no guarantee of a European football much less the even shot at getting into the CL we used to have. Taking debt over equity at this point suits no one but Ashley.
I wonder if this shareholder has the same opinion as me ... it's between the devil and the deep blue sea ?

Skysports - Rangers shareholders to vote on Emergency General Meeting

Nevertheless, I hope they tell Dave King and his minions to GTF.
The last thing shareholders should be doing is rewarding the architect of the boycotts, which have caused the cash shortfalls this Season that have created the need for these loans, from Easedale and Ashley.
AVFC RFC SAFC
To be honest I'd take King and co over Ashley at the moment. This whole business with this latest loan is ludicrous and seems like nothing but an engineered situation, so in that respect it's no better than King and his boycotts.

Could easily be doing without Paul xxxx Murray on the board though.
(20-01-2015, 00:41)Larry-AV Wrote: I wonder if this shareholder has the same opinion as me ... it's between the devil and the deep blue sea ?

Skysports - Rangers shareholders to vote on Emergency General Meeting

Nevertheless, I hope they tell Dave King and his minions to GTF.
The last thing shareholders should be doing is rewarding the architect of the boycotts, which have caused the cash shortfalls this Season that have created the need for these loans, from Easedale and Ashley.

The problem is if you tell King to GTF, then you are only left with MA as things stand, is that what you want Larry?? The three bears need to step up if they want to provide an alternative but what will be their demands for the collateral on the loan?
They wouldn't necessarily have needed any, SCO. They were willing to put up the money and be repaid in equity as far as I know so it wouldn't have had as much risk attached.
(20-01-2015, 01:53)El Car Wrote: They wouldn't necessarily have needed any, SCO. They were willing to put up the money and be repaid in equity as far as I know so it wouldn't have had as much risk attached.

I agree, but they only offered 5m as well and I stand to be corrected but didn't they also want board representation?? The problem you have is that the current board is made up of two of MAs stooges and two directors who will be out whoever else gets in. King calling the EGM is the only way to break the stranglehold MA has on you, but as it stands that means getting into bed with King and his board representatives!! Its not a great choice on the face of it!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »