Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
"So, look after yourselves as best you can - there's some out there that can't and some that won't no matter what you do."

Great summary of the main problem, theo. Anytime I go shopping I use my own gel to wipe down the trolley handles. The supermarkets do provide disinfectant and paper towels for that purpose, but an hour after the shop opens, it's all gone. Half of it on the floor as the doddery fools miss the handles with it - could apply to be a Town or Hibs striker! And before I get to the car, I gel my hands before I touch the car keys/boot/door. The people with OCD have a definite advantage over the rest of us.
Cabbage is still good for you
Forgot to mention I've got a box of Stanley latex gloves and try to wear them as much as poss. Also sadly lost my father in law to COVID on Boxing Day. The care hospital got "hit"/infected and he was regularly tested but somehow diagnosed negative. Then went down with respiratory symptoms, on oxygen, went downhill - he had COVID alright even though tested negatively - a very sad day on Boxing Day, RIP.
Sad to hear that 0762.

One of my relatives down south is just out of hospital after a week with covid, luckily he survived but it was 'touch and go' at times. He's in his mid 50s and doesnt have any health issues I'm aware of.

We all need to be really careful. Because if we continue to ignore the advice this will push the NHS over the edge and drag this out even longer.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Sorry to hear that too, 0762.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
(12-01-2021, 01:17)hibeejim21 Wrote: Sad to hear that 0762.

One of my relatives down south is just out of hospital after a week with covid, luckily he survived but it was 'touch and go' at times. He's in his mid 50s and doesnt have any health issues I'm aware of.

We all need to be really careful. Because if we continue to ignore the advice this will push the NHS over the edge and drag this out even longer.

Re the NHS position, it is indeed challenging! My daughter has been working on the front line of the NHS COVID ops and she is pregnant! Am I worried? Yep although she gets on with it regardless and tries to follow FACTS etc to the best of her ability. I'm being selfish but the sooner she hits the statutory isolation period, for someone in her condition, the better.
Don't blame you at all for that 0762 after what you posted above, likewise sorry to hear it. The last thing you need is a repeat of that sorry affair in your family. Our plant director lost his father and his father-in-law last year, both to Covid. Both him and his wife also caught it, probably though visiting them. They came out the other side in one piece (or rather two) thankfully, but I don't blame him for saying sod it and retiring at Christmas.
0762 likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Anyone see the many images on twitter of those free kids lunches ?
£30 worth of food my arse. Tuna flakes in coin bags, half peppers, a couple of carrots.

The company the tories outsourced the task too is clearly skimming huge amounts of cash from tax payers and chucking any auld shite at the bairns. Truly shocking stuff. Made me so xxxx angry.
ritchiebaby likes this post
(13-01-2021, 01:54)hibeejim21 Wrote: Anyone see the many images on twitter of those free kids lunches ?
£30 worth of food my arse. Tuna flakes in coin bags, half peppers, a couple of carrots.

The company the tories outsourced the task too is clearly skimming huge amounts of cash from tax payers and chucking any auld shite at the bairns. Truly shocking stuff. Made me so xxxx angry.

Spot on Jim! My immediate response to this shocker was telling my wife I'd investigate the sourcing of this meagre food provision and discover how many "profiteering fingers are in the pie" rather than minimising the cost of overheads and profit in the same way that precious community organisations (eg food banks) do it. Again it exposes the type of selfish capitalist system that is rife within Brit society will worsen as Brexit takes hold in this country.
Well, despite Bodgit claiming he's spoken to Markus Rashford about it and promised to take it up with the companies concerned - apparently these companies are following Government Guidelines. What a feckin' surprise. Bodgit has just been called out by Starmer for it, reading a list of ingredients that looks remarkably similar to what we are seeing in the photos that families are putting on line. Somehow they call that £15 of food? Hell, you'd get more than that for £15 in Harrods Food Hall, let alone any typical supermarket or street market.
A guide to cask ale.

Well what a surprise - the 12 week wait for jab no. 2 has feckhall to do with vaccinating as many people as possible before the 2nd dose and everything to do with the incompetents, despite being first to pay over the odds for the first batch, having failed to secure a regular supply.

Now 'ooooood a thunk the bunch of incompetents in Downing Street could possibly have made a Horlicks of this? I mean - it's not like they screw things up every day is it? Doh

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/j...tt-hancock

The only surprise here is that Matt Handsoncock has actually admitted to it. Smartass

Why does he do his morning TV interviews in his toilet?
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »