Thread Rating:
Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement!
Neil Doncaster also saying that he already has had talks with certain "philanthropists".! Rolleyes
I didn't see Doncaster saying that, last I heard he left it with budge to firm up her plans. Which seems about right to me....due diligence etc etc.

I can't see the problem here, hertz are a lower league club now and she has people willing to chuck huge money at the lower leagues to get them playing games. Happy days.
That piece of info re Doncaster was mentioned on bbc Sportsound a couple of days ago.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...f-22120441.

Now Doncaster meeting up with this capital investor, Anderson, who appears to be a Hertz backer. But what about the rest of these philanthropists (plural!) who were supposedly "lined up" and ready to support lower league clubs?
Hibs and Hertz being offered the use of BT Murrayfield Stadium for home matches to ensure that a safe distanced attendance of fans is poss rather than holding matches in an empty stadium. It looks feasible but what would be the cost of using the stadium and its excellent facilities?
14-14-16 is the next proposal from Rangers and Celtic who want there colt teams in the new setup after Budges Proposal was rejected by six clubs apparantly, embarrassing proposal, what a circus Scottish Football continues to be.
xxxx atrocious idea, we already have too many clubs so hey let's add more. Budge's fudge has been binned, so now for our next trick ?? The old firm will let hertz stay up if they grant them the massive advantage of having their colts play in the league ?
Aye! Massive self-interest prevails but I reckon there will be uproar if Hertz allowed to avoid relegation anyway esp after all the ridiculously biased orchestrations that have been witnessed by Scot footie fans. Now we have this bullshit!!
...followed by Levein suddenly "crawling out of the woodwork" and professing in a bbc radio interview that he would've saved Hertz from relegation if allowed to do so!? Aye Craig - all very hypothetical and the usual touch of unwarranted arrogance attached to that comment! Hertz situation actually reminded of the Pars' similar predicament in season 2006-2007 when their players played well in cup ties but were shit in league matches. I can remember sending a letter to The Scotsman (Sport letters) after Hibs unluckily/unfairly (the anti-Hibs biased Craig Thomson ref was in charge!!) lost 0-1 to the Pars in a Scot Cup semi-final and pointing out that their fans' victory celebrations would be a small reward compared to the certainty of them being relegated due to their players only "raising their game" in cup ties, the club would be fighting for its very survival and they would not return to the top league for years (still not attained that target!) after Celtic "pump" them in the final. The Scotsman published my letter as the "lead letter" on the day of publication and every prediction was "spot on". Their soon to be removed owner should've pinned that letter on his office wall as a lesson to all offenders! The rest is history.
Levein makes my skin crawl. Tom English soft soaping him while he got ripped into chic young (who amazingly was making a sensible point about how the league had taken a democratic vote)

“People don’t like what Scottish football is at the moment so we’ve got to do something to improve the product”

Laugh Laugh Laugh Watching his 'product' would make your eyes bleed and took his side to bottom of the league. Another one who's ego outstrips his talent and achievement in the game.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
So the latest round of the SPFL league reconstruction fiasco to keep Hertz in the top league takes place on Monday when another vote is called and with Neil Doncaster uttering his latest conciliatory comment that it is all down to the democratic vote of the Scot footie clubs. The big question to ask is, "What good is league construction gonna do for Scottish footie anyway and particularly at this critical time"????? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! But it is noted that a lotta Hertz people have still been going around as though they have never been relegated and others coming up with the usual outlandish conspiracy theories!! What a joke!! Anyway, Hibs are voting no to league reconstruction and I gather quite a few other clubs see it the same way and don't agree with such a proposal being passed esp with no real collective benefits apparent.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »