Thread Rating:
RIFC
Lets hope it leads to shareholders pulling together for the clubs best interests.
I suspect the story has a bit to run , but fingers crossed light at the end of the tunnel.
Can we at least agree that none of them appear to be "in it for the money"?
Apart from Ashley worth he's only in it for the money
We certainly can Worth and it will hopefully get back to what it should only be about. Football!
Beaten to the punch by El Car on posting the Skysports article, but I was also going to say, so will say, this :

Dave King finally gets it ... to gain influence you have to put your money where your mouth is.

Dave King shareholding : Rangers FC - Holding in Company (RNS Number : 2121B) 02 January 2015
AVFC RFC SAFC
"However, BBC Scotland has learned that the move has prompted one large shareholder to lodge a complaint with the takeover commission.
He believes King is working in concert with the Park consortium in a bid to seize control.
Takeover panel rules dictate that, if a consortium crosses the 29.9% threshold, it must make an offer to buy the rest of the company.
Both parties together hold more than 34%, but King and Park are adamant they are separate groups. The takeover commission is yet to respond."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30661103
I suspect the takeover commission will investigate and find a conflict. It all does look like 'concert party' involvement.

Can only guess at what would happen then though. It's far from clear whether K/PLT have enough money between them to buy out the remaining shareholders or even whether they want to sell or not. I'm presuming the offer just has to be made, not accepted.
None of the money they have would go to the club if they are forced to make an offer.

As ever, time will tell, but I think it's good news and worthy of a wee half.
Thing is, if either group want to underwrite a share issue, that would likely take them over the 30% trigger point for a buy-out and they'd be duty bound to make the offer anyway.

I'm presuming that both groups are aware of this and have taken that scenario into consideration.
Yeah, but buying up new shares would see money go directly to the club, its never been their intention to spend their cash buying up all existing shares.

What % does Ally own?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »