Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Well this format won't work as there will be no financial "regulator" issuing cautionary and pragmatic fiscal measures to a Brexit govt that one can already see through Johnson that he wants to spend lotsa money willy nilly!!! If that is the case then one major concern for me is, "When will the interest rate start 'rocketing' because I think that outcome will be highly likely"???
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020...ed-workers

An extreme immigration policy? Well this was debated often enough during the Brexit debate when one realised the country didn't need to have Brexit to implement proper immigration measures. And negatively affecting the economy? Well, blow me, I think that topic was covered to "exhaustion"! The implications are horrendous esp when there is a British govt in place that is incapable and restricted by its own political ideology. In Scotland, there are a number of historical independent reports/studies carried out on behalf of the Scot govt and the projected implications up here are negative ones. The probs within certain key sectors of Scot economy/employment require to be redressed but they should be tackled by a proactive devolved Scot govt, not this extreme Britexit one that has continuously ignored and insulted officials of the Scot govt on issues like this one, where the required approach is different as well as the demographics, as prices will consequently increase and have already been doing so for quite a while. Likewise with an inflationary impact.
‘Economically inactive’ Britons could do jobs in sectors where there are shortages under new system, home secretary says'

The gammonisation of Britain will be happy, because on the surface it sounds like what they want. But will fat, lazy brits fancy cleaning toilets, getting up at 4 am to make coffee or changing beds of pensioners? Will they xxxx.

What it will do is be devastating for the food, farming and care sectors of the UK economy. I don't get how stopping a Romanian punter working in a hotel or a food processing plant is going to make someone in stokes life better ? I really don't see how the catering and hospitality sectors can work with this either, they cant afford 20k plus salaries for Baristas, chamber maids and waiters and even if there were enough native people willing to do these jobs I don't accept the idea that they were being crowded out by immigrants.

Remember we being are told that unemployment is at an all time high, with less than 4% unemployment - which is 'full employment' according to most definitions - and yet Patel was spouting off about the millions who will be retrained to take the jobs currently done by EU citizens. Again they are telling porkies.

In addition I've long believed Patel has a special migration treaty with India on the back-burner but is keeping that quiet for now.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
Remember that well used bogus threat by these lying bastards - the Turks will eventually be migrating to GB in droves to take British jobs etc etc!!! There must be something about the mere mention of "the Turks" to the Brit/English mindset that tells them that it is a believable "terrible threat" to the UK as a civilised country etc etc etc!! Never happened and just the usual scaremongering of the highest order to glean support for Brexit, a product of extreme English nationalism and that is a fact, pure n simple!
Also note that even though immigration is a reserved matter there are huge implications for certain devolved areas yet no 10 didn't even bother to inform the other parliaments.

The tories are treating devolution with absolute disdain. But that aside - Boris says anyone earning under 26k is an unskilled worker.

YET

NHS starting salaries:
Nurse £24.2k
Paramedic 24.2k
Midwife £24.2k
Radiographer £24.2k
Care assistant £17.6k
Physiotherapist £24.2k
Occupational therapist £24.2k

He hasn't a xxxx clue what he is doing. They are aiming for a Canada style gig obviously, but the UK has completely different priorities fiscally and economically. Not that the EU would give them that type of deal anyway. The British people will be begging to get back to the EU before this is finished.

Who are these 8m economically inactive people in this country which has near full employment? I think Priti Patel should be asked the question at least.
Johnson and his RW cronies live in the wealthy world of biased Toryism. Patel, just like Johnson, works on approximate comments and cheap rhetoric - deliberate half-truth presentations that should be seriously scrutinised but their majority Tory press doesn't do it - the same as all this Windrush shit and forced expulsion/extradition of people who were brought up as young kids in this country! Notice how this RW philosophy is kinda condoned by many in the English population - they are trying to normalise all kindsa shit actions by govt as being acceptable and beyond challenge. So they either suppress the press or try to keep them "onside" with them!! The technique is the same as Germany in the 1930s!! But we are living in the 21st century and have a govt that is targeting vulnerable groups and nationalities, all part of their shit Brexit ideology that ties in with the extreme, distorted views of the "oldies" (and other loon balls) within the English population who voted for Brexit!! Re this ill-perceived idea of a Canada deal, Canada is far away "across the pond" and the UK is not. Hence no Canada deal will happen and Johnson and his cohorts know this! They have their own narrow agenda.
hibeejim21 likes this post
I don't think this is about immigration or low skilled people whatsoever. It's about forcing people who are unemployed into low paid jobs to fix and massage the unemployment figures. I think this points based system will be a total disaster and there will be a u-turn on it.

As for unskilled workers, what about politicians? What skills do they have? What skills does Boris and his cabinet have? As for as I can tell they have none.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
'massaging the unemployment figures'

They have been doing that for years matt. Of course it's about immigration, the UK has been hugely reliant on foreign workers for decades now.

There's definitely an element of playing to the gammon/racist gallery here, as you point out its completely unworkable and will likely only end up in superficial change.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/priti-patel-ce...31928.html

Patel a bully? Well if she was a "power freak" well before this latest episode, then she is most likely to be a bully and shit heid. Remember this is the same woman who was rightly sacked by May's govt for underhand practise where she thought she was bigger than her govt and could do things secretly with Israeli officials. IMO she shouldn't be there anyway - a disgraced previous Cabinet incumbent who was "found out" and sacked! But she satisfies the loon ball requirements of the "main man" (not Johnson!) who is another unconstitutional loon ball of the highest order and intends to "run amok" in England with his fascist political ideology! And he'll do it amazingly unchallenged in England, a shocker!
ritchiebaby likes this post
(19-02-2020, 16:36)hibeejim21 Wrote: Boris says anyone earning under 26k is an unskilled worker.

And what is wrong with "unskilled workers"? The world would grind to a halt if it wasn't for them. We could manage without politicians and economists, but not without binmen/women, builder's labourers, fruit pickers and telecommunication workers, etc. If they want to come in from anywhere in Europe, welcome them with open arms.

Going by the antics of Dom and Dickhead, the lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum!
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »