Thread Rating:
RIFC
(29-12-2014, 18:11)Larry-AV Wrote: Fred,

Did you read El Car's post, number 377 ?
If not, I suggest you do, as it gives a comprehensive summary of the financial situation at Rangers.

He either didn't, didn't want to, or is unable to comprehend. The same thing happens when our beloved boycotters are faced with undeniable facts and common sense.

The media have played a huge part in the way the story has developed as well. Their constant biased misrepresentations of the truth - aided and abetted by our glorious fans' group leaders - have clouded the minds of the feeble-minded, the easily-led and the wantonly agenda-driven.
The media are certainly driving one side of the argument, and it's funny how everyone questions it every time a board member scratches their arse, but no one bothers raising any comment about the baseless bullshit that comes out of the mouths of the boycott brigade every time they open them. From Dave King being caught out lying to John Brown's tiresome Green/Whyte running the show to the illogic behind the boycott in the first place and the constant blaming of whoever happens to be on the board at any one time for all the sins of the past, people like Fred suck it up and swallow it hook, line and sinker. Dave King's gameplan is obvious. The media agenda is obvious. Yet no one has, despite all their insinuations, actually been able to say what the whole point of this mysterious conspiracy among the Ragers shareholders actually is. They just pretend it's a given and that we all know it so well that it's not worth discussing, and thereby the accusers avoid having to justify anything they say or do.
Suck up what the email is xxxx genuine you idiot,Somers and co don't give a xxxx about your club El Car.
Whether Somers or any other board member feared his position would be on the line is irrelevant to the whole King saga!! At the end of the day he did not show proof of funds as would be required by anyone and he wasn't willing to name his consortium, something that I imagine would be required by the board and probably by the stock market!! He could easily have provided a list of names and had a confdentiality clause built into it, but his reluctance to name who was actually putting up the money would be a very big red flag for any club looking at investment!!!
El Car likes this post
Although I'm not completely anti-King, I think he wants the company to into administration in order that he can pick it up in the cheap.

I can't understand why Parks and co didn't put their money up 3 years ago - they'd have got a lot more for it.
http://m.lse.co.uk/markets/shareprice/?share=RFC

Something's afoot.
Somebody's bought Laxey's shares then.
Park, Letham & Taylor do what King should have done right at the very start.

Now they have the ability - without asking the shareholders for permission - to underwrite the share issue.

It remains to be seen what plans they have for future funding and how to provide boardroom and club stability.
STV - 'Three Bears' consortium become biggest shareholders in Rangers

The group behind the purchase consists of George Letham, Douglas Park and George Taylor.

At least we know who they are, so can Google their details, etc., unlike the members of Dave King's 'consortium'.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Today's buy, plus the stake they already owned, plus a potential further 30% if they underwrite share issue would surely take them over the 50% line?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »