Thread Rating:
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
Channel 4 have done a deal with Sky and will now show the final live.
Just have to decide now where they're going to put their live coverage of the British GP. Rolleyes
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
They're showing the final till 1.15pm, then moving it to More 4 while the Grand Prix is on, and switching it back once the race is over. Not exactly ideal, but better than nothing.
Lord Snooty likes this post
And a full round of county games start on Saturday
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Well I'll be putting in for a discount from Sky. I've paid to watch this match from my armchair. All these C4 viewers haven't. Whistle
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
One more game to go, and even the most one-eyed England fan can't begrudge Mitchell Starc the new all-time record of 27 wickets in a single tournament; a tally that will be safe for at least four years now unless Archer or Ferguson manage to bowl out the entire opposition single-handedly on Sunday. Yet no one seems to want Tendulkar's record, with both Rohit and Warner choking at the final hurdle. The only realistic contenders now are Joe Root, who'd need at least 125 in the final, or Kane Williamson, who'd need 126; alternatively, 100 and 101 respectively would see them top the chart for this World Cup without breaking new ground.

Leading Run-scorers

1. Rohit Sharma (IND) - 648
2. David Warner (AUS) - 647
3. Shakib Al Hasan (BAN) - 606
4. Joe Root (ENG) - 549
5. Kane Williamson (NZ) - 548

Leading Wicket-takers

1. Mitchell Starc (AUS) - 27
2. Mustafizur Rahman (BAN) - 20
3. Jofra Archer (ENG) - 19
4. Lockie Ferguson (NZ) - 18 [for 359]
5. Jasprit Bumrah (IND) - 18 [for 371]
Brilliant final so far, but Jesus, it's the most stressful thing I've watched in years. England need 105 from 96 balls, six wickets in hand.

Buttler brings out the ramp shot! 72 needed from 60 balls.

Going to be a case of who blinks first here. Stokes and Buttler set at the crease, but NZ turning the screw, and we'll need a big over from somewhere.

Half-century for Buttler. 54 needed off 38.

Half-century for Stokes. 53 off 36.

NO, NO, NO! Buttler, thrown it away!

46 from 30, and it's got to be all Stokes from here if England are going to do it.

Precious boundary from Stokes. 39 from 24.

Woakes gone with a top-edge. Not his fault really, he had to go after it.
Ladies and gentlemen, we are watching the greatest World Cup final in history right here. Tie and a super over.

YES. YES. YES. Sir Benjamin Stokes! Sir Joseph Buttler! Sir Jofra Archer!

You have to feel for New Zealand; neither team deserved to lose this. But any new viewers who've caught this on Channel 4 have been treated to a slice of history. This was the greatest game of white-ball cricket of all time, full stop.
Didn’t get to see any of it over here but finally got commentary of the super over!! What a game and what a finish!!!!
(31-05-2019, 10:27)Ska\dForLife-WBA Wrote: If I recall correctly, last time Stokes played a blinder in an ODI he then went and sparked someone out, got put on trial and suspended for six months.  Haven't checked the morning papers; fingers crossed he spent the night in with a cup of cocoa and a Peppa Pig DVD?

I dread to think how many people Stokes is going to have to spark out after a performance like this. North London is going to be knee-deep in bodies tonight.
So we win the World Cup on the fact we scored more boundaries, one of which was an accidental deflected throw from the boundary which went for four, New Zealand would have won but for that, match tied super over tied should have shared the title.
The powers that be at the ECB will be delighted and so they should be, personally don't know which other organisation would schedukle a full round of 4 day county matches and an England A test against Australia to be scheduled on the day of the final, add into that Phil Tufnel said on the radio that this was a great showcase for the 50 over game and what are the ECB doing? Relegating the 50 over game to an after thought due to a new type of game called the 100, utterly criminal.
Didn't see any of it at the one of the above county matches
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »