Thread Rating:
Former Spireite signs for.....
Hollis signs a 1 year deal for Chesterfield.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
(26-05-2019, 16:50)spireitematt Wrote:
(26-05-2019, 12:48)Devongone Wrote: Callum Burton has been released by Hull.

Just 22. Popular at the Proact. Right age for us. Would he be an ideal answer to our now-permanent goalkeeping conundrum?

Would be a good signing but can't see him dropping down 3 leagues. He will end up joining Salford who he was on loan with or signing for a L1 side.

Callum wouldn't really be dropping down any leagues would he ....... from nowhere near a game as Hull's third/fourth choice? He needs to kickstart his career again by actually playing competitive games for a season or more. So he needs to go somewhere he can become first choice and I'm pretty sure he's better than Shwan.
"Shrewsbury boss Sam Ricketts has appointed Graham Barrow as assistant manager, while coaches Danny Coyne and Marc Lindsay have left the club.

Barrow, 64, who worked with Ricketts at Wrexham, has also managed Chester, Wigan Athletic, Rochdale and Bury.

Eric Ramsey remains first-team coach, having stepped up from the academy, while Phil Smart is back in the youth set-up as a goalkeeping coach.

"I have to make decisions which I think are the right ones," said Ricketts.

"Not all decisions are nice decisions to have to take and ones like this are hard to make.

"All of them gave their all last season for the club and I thank them for their hard work."

Barrow's full of experience

Barrow, who spent four years as part of Belgium manager Roberto Martinez's coaching team at Wigan, has taken charge of 572 games in his various spells in management with his five different clubs.

That includes three spells as caretaker boss of Wigan, the club with whom he had most success in his playing days.

His first management post came almost 27 years ago as successor to Harry McNally at Chester, who he then led to promotion in 1993-94, finishing runners-up to Fred Davies's Shrewsbury."

Time wasted by Chesterfield seems to have been wiped from his CV .....
Josef Yarney HAS been released by Newcastle. Sheridan sounded as though he liked him. He's young. Should we grab him now?
McCourt signed for Macclesfield and Westcarr gone to Grantham after leaving Matlock.
Yarney looked half useful but seemed to lack confidence IMO. Confidence building is something I don't think is in Sheridans portfolio.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
MK Dons signed Jordan Bowery which suggests he might have been good enough for us.
Reece Brown has signed for Huddersfield from Forest Green Rovers. Wonder if he can head a ball now?
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Brandon Howard to Frickley Ath.
Whtimore gone to Fylde, Gozie to Ebbsfleet (forget opening your wage packet Gozie - it'll be empty).
Gary Liddle and Zak Jules have signed for Walsall
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »