Thread Rating:
Former Spireite signs for.....
"League Two side Crawley Town have signed teenage striker Ricky German from non-league Hendon.

The 19-year-old, who has netted 28 times in 21 games for the Southern League club this season, has agreed a three-year deal with the Reds.

German was previously on the books at Chesterfield but failed to score in 12 appearances for the Spireites.

"He is quick with a natural eye for goal," director of football Selim Gaygusuz told the club website." From the BBC crap site.

So it did happen as Matt told us.

He hasn't scored 28 times for Hendon. He's got 17 League goals and 4 others I think.

His appearances for us were largely five-to-ten-minute cameos - 12 appearances makes it sound like we gave him a chance. He started once didn't he, under Danny Wilson? BUT if the three-year deal is correct, no wonder he hot-footed it out of Hendon, and I'm very, very pleased for him.

CONGRATULATIONS RICKY.

AND from Crawley's website:-

New signing Ricardo German wants to hit the ground running after joining Reds on New Year’s Day.

The 19-year-old has signed a three-year contract after scoring 21 goals in 28 games for Southern League Hendon this season. Previously Ricardo spent three seasons with Chesterfield.

After watching the 2-0 win over Colchester on Tuesday, he said: “It’s a real pleasure to sign for the club and I’m really privileged to get the opportunity here. It’s such a good club who are now established in the Football League. It’s a big step from Hendon but I’ve been played at Chesterfield and I’ve been in League Two before so I know what it’s going to be like.

“I’ve got to work hard now to impress the gaffer and show people what I can do – starting tomorrow when I train with the lads for the first time.”

One familiar face in the squad is Ashley Nathaniel-George, who also signed for Reds from Hendon in the summer and who went to the same school as Ricardo.

“I know Ash well and he’s done really well since he came here," added Ricardo.

"If you look at the squad the manager gives young players a chance. I need to work hard in training and hopefully impress him but I am looking forward to being in a full-time environment again.

“I’ve always loved scoring goals. That’s what strikers are paid to do. Goals keep you in the team and that’s all I want to keep doing now I am here at Crawley.”
Sam Hird has signed for Barrow.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Gboly Ariyibi has gone on loan to Motherwell, rumour was he refused a loan to us this autumn. Not so choosey now.
Jamie O'Hara has gone back to Billericay as player-coach, just over a month after he quit the club, and he will be in charge for Saturday's match against Concord Rangers. Wheeler is back as manager 147 days after being sacked and will assume control again after Saturday's game.
Kristian Dennis gone on loan to Grimsby Town.

Wonder what Bob's thinks about that. I got slated for saying Kristian would be a at Notts County.
"Former West Ham, Burnley and Bournemouth winger Zavon Hines, 30, has announced his retirement from professional football on medical advice."

Sad thing. Wonder if that accounts for why he started the season flying and quickly fizzled.
Only days after throwing Louis Dodds back at us Neil Aspin has gone from Port Vale to be replaced by John Askey. If only Dodds could have hung on another week he might have got on the field and impressed Askey ....... more than he's impressed us or Aspin.
Wrexham always find novel ways not to go up.

"Graham Barrow has resigned as manager of National League side Wrexham.

Barrow has been in charge at the Racecourse since Sam Ricketts' departure in December.

He leaves the club fifth in the National Leauge, four points from the top with 15 games remaining.

In a statement, Wrexham said: "We would like to thank Graham for his efforts and contribution in his time at the club and he leaves with our very best wishes".

An announcement about Barrow's replacement is due to be made on Wednesday."

Barrow joined Wrexham last summer as part of Ricketts' coaching team and took over on an interim basis when Ricketts left for Shrewsbury Town.

He was then made permanent manager, with a deal until the summer of 2021.
Mark Randall has been released by Crawley Town

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »