Thread Rating:
Well, I never saw that coming . . .
(12-12-2014, 22:17)TheWorthinGer Wrote: The media have a very strange notion of what "resignation" is: he's handed in his notice. To me there's a more than subtle difference.

Correct, it was first reported as his immediate resignation, then it was changed to him giving 12 months notice as I assume his contract states he has to do!! I also assume the contract has a provision in it for what the club can do in the 12 months notice period, such as paying him off to leave, putting him on gardening leave or letting him work and see out the 12 months.

What would you guys like to see happen with this one? Is it time for him to leave??
Taxi for McCoist!
St Charles Owl likes this post
Personally I want Ally to stay the course, at least to the end of this Season, but ...
... get the team back to playing the ball on the deck !!!
All this hoofing is useless and fruitless ... I see enough of such rubbish at Villa Park !
turkeydinner likes this post
AVFC RFC SAFC
Do you think that after handing in his resignation it was wise for him to take the team tonight?
Get Ally tae xxxx.
Notwithstanding what I said before, if he wants to walk out now he should just xxxx off instead of being a greedy bastard looking for a payment. He's probably taken more cash out of the club than any other individual since 2012 so no reason he couldn't just leave. What we don't need is someone at the helm who doesn't want to be there.
He's a charlatan of the highest order.
(13-12-2014, 00:41)Fredstersafool Wrote: Do you think that after handing in his resignation it was wise for him to take the team tonight?

Ally has not handed in his resignation, at most it seems he has given notice of resignation.
In any event, as with most folks, he would have to work his notice, which would include all the duties of Manager. The only thing that was not wise about tonight were the team's 'tactics'.

Pre-match Ally said he could not comment on any resignation questions and post-match, stated he fully expects to be in charge for the match against Livingston next Saturday.

What we have heard today is 'SKY sources' stating that Ally McCoist had offered to resign, followed by Ally himself as good as denying this.
AVFC RFC SAFC
El Car has the right line here: formed of culprits with bulging pockets and enigmatic smiles. With Ally at the head.

I wonder now if he did only defer his other 400k a year and would have to be paid up in full.

25 season tickets (at least) a week he's on - and apparently he's upset his secretary got made redundant. If he wanted to he could have paid her salary himself.
He's partly responsible himself - as well as the bhoycotters there are a lot of stay aways as a result of his brand of football and player selections. At least enough of them to have paid for his secretary if they'd renewed their season tickets.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »