Thread Rating:
The Owls v Carlos FAC 5th Rd Match Thread
IMRES NO BULLSHIT RATINGS

DAWSON...8MOM save and never once looked nervous brilliant keeper Thumb up got to sell on westwood to build the team in other areas and im sure we have yet another good keeper coming through the ranks anyway Thumb up

VENANCIO ...8Much better today than the last 2 games solid looked comfortable on the ball always Thumb up

PUDIL....8 MOM Yet again commanded his team and is looking like the best centerhalf weve had in a long time Thumb up is he just looking for a contract though so he can go back to being shit again ?

HUNT...8 Was playing more in a back 3 than wingback and he looked as solid as the other 2 he did get forward well a few times but found himself bogged down in defence more today

summary of the defence today and this back 3 was 100% and surely we dont have to go back to Loovens Doh Thorniley and Neilson will be better choices on tuesday night Thumb up

FOX...5 Played as wingback and did nothing again going forward and when he could be bothered to defend he got skinned quite easy Doh he did however not give any sloppy passes away today and brought Boyd into the game more for what it was worth Doh

REACH....7He was the motor again of the team hes turning into a kieran lee type player which we obviously need badly Doh got up and down well although maybe from the fatigue of too many games his final touch today was poor and he was brushed aside to easy in the second half

JONES...5Played infront of the back three and did nothing but pass in backwards this wasnt helped as Butterfuck was hiding like jones himself who is the master of this Whistle nearly gifted Swansea a goal when the ball got tangled up in his jirrafe like legs Doh hes a liabilty and if he gets picked again on tuesday night exspect i giant xxxx up .. because hes has been threatening since the Barnsley game to do one Doh

BUTTERCUNT...5He did play better today when he came out of hiding which he did fantastically in the first half ...the good thing is he didnt xxxx anything up today but like Jones hes a disaster waiting to happen bring back Clare asap

BOYD...3 DOGSHIT MOM He started the game of brightly and i thought ey up maybe ? and then after 25 minutes no more he showed hes completley unfit and has the pace of a snail Doh half of the balls he didnt even bother chasing as he knows hes just robbing us of a wage when he should be retired Doh in the second half he gave away pass after pass which was criminal considering it took us nearly 30 minutes to get the ball back of Swansea Doh another xxxx useless CC buy which we have to keep hold of due to the fact his contract doesnt run out untill god knows when Angry

PELLOPESSY...4The Hillsborough crowd have started to grumble he has been sussed im afriad Whistle maybe one for the future ? but if we are serious about promotion next season i dont see what he has to offer apart from being slightly better than Jones and Butterfuck Doh lost the ball way to easy with sloppy passing again when youve not had it for 30 minutes this is criminal Doh

Summary of the midfield reads its an feffing disaster at going forward and if Reach should take an injury up we are fcuked Doh out of that lot Reach is the only player there i want to see in the first team next season Thumb down

NUHUI...8 The only player on the field who had a shot at goal and realy gave it a go Thumb up deserves the shirt and another contract but we have to get him back in a 3 pronged attack with Fessi Hooper Joao or Winnall if he comes back next season Thumb up

WALLACE...4Played as a striker with Nuhui today and showed his age like Boyd hes lost that yard of pace and he isnt getting it back Doh his final pass or cross was weak becuase hes no legs left Doh Joao will replac him on Tuesday night without breaking sweat Whistle

JOAO...6Not enough time on the field and today he got bullied quite easy against two big premier league defenders ! but he did make them think when they had more or less fell asleep marking Wallace Whistle if he had started i have no doubt we would be in the next round Angry

JOS...7His team Defended well and kept another clean sheet and he didnt have Rhodes or Clare to pick from today so he was limited with attacking options although i feel Joao was worth the risk and we could have gone into the quarter final if he had played him from the start . as it stands he has made life even harder for himself with a fixture i can see us getting battered in like County found out when they played them away Doh

That for me was the end of the season today i can only see us losing at there place while picking up enough points through clean sheets and a few Hillsborough wins to finish in the top 15 spots Doh its realy has been the worst season i can remember since Alan irvine was in charge Thumb down and if Jos doesnt get some money to bring in midfielders in the new season then he will find himslef sacked by xmas aswell Whistle

poor old coventry are out !!
Washington and St Charles Owl like this post
Can’t disagree with much of that Imre except I would have switched Butterfield’s and Boyd’s ratings around. I thought Boyd did ok but definitely better than the invisible Butterfield!! Pelupessy seemed to play much further forward than normal when he came on, I wonder if he was asked to do a specific job when he came on, he normally hardly goes forward at all.

Sunderland losing 2-0 at home to Brentford - they are surely going down!!

Cardiff winning against Boro to go 2nd. Boro have to be along with us the disappointments of the division so far this season.
peiowl likes this post
i just think hes robbing a wage boyd hes been out since god knows how long and now hes back to full fitness we can see that hes well past his best ! he couldnt even be bothered to run for half of the balls he was sent .. he just basically said xxxx that im to old ! got to get him of the pay sheet somehow in the summer . how can you have a winger with no pace ffs ?

Qpr winning Bolton .. owww the panic its a disaster weve gone from 15th to 16th !!
I’m not suggesting we keep him, he can play at the moment becuase we have little else!! Boyd and Wallace are both not up to it, too old and neither are that quick. Midfield is where we need the most work going into next season, not just on the wings either, in all positions!!
The thing is now we have time to bleed some youngsters in like clare and stobbs and these two are getting in the way of it !! clare and stobbs could be ready for squad numbers in the summer if we keep giving them game time i know they couldnt play today though but he cant insist with playing these two old age pensioners id rather he put out youngsters who can run and lose than than this !

o know Millwalls winning we are never going to make 14th position at this rate !!

southampton brighton would have both been beatable at home .. nevermind a waste of xxxx time joke club we are !!
I can see Boyd getting a game or two but I agree, its time to give Clare more chances for sure and maybe Stobbs as well. As you say they can’t play in the cup so we are a bit stuck until others come back from injury.

Of the teams below us who played today, they all dropped points except QPR with Sunderland, Bolton and Brum all losing. Still 9 points ahead of the drop, another game down though.
we will take 3pts from the next 2 games i feel we will lose on tuesday though as Millwall score goals and they will get some chances i cant see us scoring the way we have been playing infront of goal not enough chances due to having no midfield pace ! we will beat Villa though on saturday as Bruce is having his usual hickup when he gets near the top 2 positions !!
I hope you are right as I would take 3 points now if we could take them!!! The thing is with this team we could draw both games 0-0, we could lose badly like we did against Brum, or we could perform like we did against Derby and win both!!! At this stage while I want to win games, it’s important we perform well and put in a challenge each and every game, make the opposition have to beat us rather than beating ourselves like Burton and Brum at home!!
peiowl likes this post
Good post match interview from Jos. Seems like he is building a good squad mentality and with his rotations ( some necessary for recovery) and the fact that players are not feeling left out and getting fitter they are putting in effort that is improving the on field performances.
another owl has died today at the game on the north stand thats how many this season dieing at the game ? Wednesday should come with a feffing warning about youre health !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »