Thread Rating:
The Owls v Derby SBC Match Thread
And this is not a wind up. Can we not start every post with and this is not a wind up?

Btw I actually did agree with Nuhiu being brought on for the reason Maddix gave. But I also agreed with Palmer being brought on. Fresh legs.
"God Save the King."
And this is not a wind up but you started it ...... or have you forgot ?
and complicated
IMRES NO BULLSHIT RATINGS

WILDSMITH....8 Back to his best again tonight reflex blocks and saves were what most goalies can only dream about! never looked nervous once Thumb up

HUNT....6 defended well but a quiet game realy but his exsperiance gave Clare time to look round and learn instead of being thrown onto the wrong end of the shity stick Whistle

VENESA...6Nothing spectacular did his job well defending he did give away some passes to midfield striaght to the Derby players who llucky for us today were dogshit Thumb up

LOOVENS....5Had a good first half and then in the second half his lack of pace was evident yet again Doh in the last 20 minutes he turned so slow on one ball that by the time hed swung his foot round he nearly caught the derby player on the ankle and it would have been a penalty had the derby player been as fast as lets say Jordon rhodes Whistle hes a liabilty and should be retired now giving more game time to the likes of neilson and thorniley who deserve it anyway Doh and if its that old chesnut of he got injured again ? then it fuels the fire more of retiring him now Thumb up

PUDIL...7 Anyone after Fox is going to look like roberto carlos Whistle but he actualy did put a good shift in today and helped Reach and Boyd get further up the pitch Thumb up

PALMER ....5 Got caught out with that same old lob over his head and on another day it might have been a goal Doh hes just not good enough we have got to say enough is enough at the end of the season Thumb down

THORNILEY...No rating not enough time on the field

Summary of the defence and today it was 90% perfect and im sure if Thorniley had played instead of Loovens it would have been 100%

PELLOPESSY ....6Im not giving up on the lad and he does need time to settle but if we think we can build a 2 man central midfield around him then we are shiting down the river the wrong way Whistle he does show more positive signs then Butterfcukup and jones For a start he passes the ball forward and doesnt let his head go down he looks confident Thumb up his passing and determination is better ... but he got walked striaght through today twice and last saturday the same happened and Barnsley scored Doh he has to be thought about in a 3 man central midfield but at the moment we all know this isnt possible Thumb up

REACH...8 MOM The engine behind the team today was allowed more freedom to make the plays thanks to Pudil getting further up the pitch and covering his arse Thumb up

BOYD ....5Had a good 25 minutes in the first half linking well with Pudil and Reach and then he just dropped off . for me hes not match fit Doh he was so slow at trying to get a challenge in at one point that the crowd grumbled as they thought hed bottled it Doh he has no power in his legs his shots at goal are like that of a beer bellied sunday league player after running around for 60 minutes ... the legs give way Doh its called youre to xxxx old youve had youre day retire ffs !! i cant believe someone gave him a 2 year contract Doh

CLARE....6The game passed him by in the first half as he got caught watching most of the time. but there is a learning process so he needs time Thumb up in the second half he showed a few more positive signs and was more involved in the game hence Derby tried to bully him buy kicking bits out of him Angry again its a learning process and if he doesnt get game time .. carlos Angry Angry Angry how the xxxx is he going to get better !! he like pellopussy though showed determination and want for the shirt so thats good enough for me in this present climate of dogshittyness Whistle

Summary of the midfield and although it held its own today and was helped out more through either leftback rightback or at times wingbacks both or one or the other Smartass so in a nutshell the obvious has happened play anyone than the two dogshits palmer and Fox and the midfield stands a chance and so on Thumb up

JOAO...8 Two well taken calm as you like goals one a tap in the other a 25 yard shot but both taken like it was a walk in the park ... raw talent .... got himslef about showed determination and want for the shirt everything what he didnt do at the start of the season and its paying off Thumb up maybe he now is match fit for the first time in ages aswell Thumb up and like maddix says the yorkshire dinners have also done him a world of good hes not so easy to knock of the ball anymore Thumb up

RHODES..5 Maybe its becuase weve won im not as critical ? or maybe ive just given up on the fact that he use to score goals for fun ? im not sure what to say about his display ?? in his defence he got sent a lot of balls to chase that Messi couldnt have done feffall with Doh But that worked out better for Joao so was it a team plan ? send him balls to nomans land and back to free up Joao ? and he marched down all these balls untill the last 20 minutes when he just died on his feet and made Bob look like Ronaldo in comparison Laugh he worked fine with the game plan if that was it ? but the game plan isnt doing his game any favours whatsoever Thumb down not once chance he got infront of goal today Thumb down

BOB ... 7 Came on and got striaght down to business trying to strangle any Derby player that came near him or Clare Laugh Laugh Laugh And after watching Jordon slothes last 10 minutes he decided to show him how you take on a whole xxxx team dribbling like a pissed up Ronaldo Laugh Laugh Laugh Pure entertainment Thumb up

Summary of the forwards reads the same as the midfield when the fullbacks support the midfield the midfield can support the forwards and the forwards can score goals Huh its not rocket science is it Whistle Joao was given time and space twice and he scored twice Thumb up

JOS....8 Saw what we all have seen over the last few weeks and although he took his time about it finally dropped Fox & Palmer this won us the game simple Thumb up
St Charles Owl and Washington like this post
I would imagine Palmer would play as well because I am not sure Hunt is ready for two games a week yet. I see no reason why we shouldn't have a go at Swansea anyway. They are on a decent run since Carlos went there but I would bet that cracks would appear if we could really get at them early and get a lead. Besides, my opinion has been the same all the way through, we will not win the FA Cup but it could easily put a couple of million in the bank if we could get one more round, and with our FFP situation that is the difference between signing and not signing one or two players.
If we were pushing for the top 2 spots or bottom 3 spots then leave it alone we are not so why cant we have a bit of fun try and win and hopefully get bloody Rochdale in the quarter finals Whistle
Just watched the Jos post match review. Made a lot of similar but more understandable comments to CC

Played a good team
Players worked hard
Good to have the fans giving good backing which helped the players etc

What's been encouraging to me is that all of the U 23's that have been recently thrown in have done Ok and aside from the B'Ham game Wildsmith has looked the business so will either be here for another 15 years or we will have sold him to someone for mega millions because we have Dawson too.
I think the pressure on CC to get promotion made him blind to what he had at his disposal.
Maddix likes this post
(14-02-2018, 01:02)Imre varadi Wrote: IMRES NO BULLSHIT RATINGS

RHODES..5 Maybe its becuase weve won im not as critical ? or maybe ive just given up on the fact that he use to score goals for fun ? im not sure what to say about his display ?? in his defence he got sent a lot of balls to chase that Messi couldnt have done feffall with  Doh But that worked out better for Joao so was it a team plan ? send him balls to nomans land and back to free up Joao ? and he marched down all these balls untill the last 20 minutes when he just died on his feet and made Bob look like Ronaldo in comparison  Laugh  he worked fine with the game plan if that was it ? but the game plan isnt doing his game any favours whatsoever  Thumb down  not once chance he got infront of goal today  Thumb down

JOS....8 Saw what we all have seen over the last few weeks and although he took his time about it finally dropped Fox & Palmer this won us the game simple  Thumb up

Just highlighted these two comments you made. Rhodes is a strange one for us and always has been. We have never played to his strengths because we don't whip in crosses from the wings that often. Rhodes makes good runs, but the likes of Wallace will generally come back onto their other foot rather than whipping in the cross when Rhodes makes his run. There was 2 or 3 times tonight when Joao went for a flick on and had he managed that, Rhodes was making a run that would have seen him clear on goal each time. I think he is doing the things he has always done but we are not finding him as well as other teams did. We also seem to expect him to come back a lot to try to win the ball but that is not his game either. Is he a luxury we just can't afford with the players we have or do we try to get in players who can play to suit him??

I disagree with your statement about Jos. Yes we all see the weak areas, particularly with Fox and Butterfield, but up to now he really hasn't had much choice but to play them!! Pudil is a better LB than Fox, but he might actually be a better CH than he is LB, so playing him there has meant Fox is our only option at LB. Now we are a bit better off at CH with Thorniley getting some game time and Lees on the verge of coming back, then I see Pudil continuing at LB. Hunt being back is a big bonus for us, better at defending than Palmer, and certainly better at going forward, but again until the past week Jos couldn't do anything about this until Hunt was fit. I would have given Jos a 9 or 10 tonight, he changed the tactics by reverting to 442 for the first time and it worked!!

(14-02-2018, 01:16)Washington Wrote: Just watched the Jos post match review. Made a lot of similar but more understandable comments to CC

Played a good team
Players worked hard
Good to have the fans giving good backing which helped the players etc

What's been encouraging to me is that all of the U 23's that have been recently thrown in have done Ok and aside from the  B'Ham game Wildsmith has looked the business so will either be here for another 15 years or we will have sold him to someone for mega millions because we have Dawson too.  
I think the pressure on CC to get promotion made him blind to what he had at his disposal.

I think he was also blind to his favorite players and as a consequence any new signings since the PO final haven't been given the chance they maybe needed to get going.
For me Jaoa was MOM. He showed class with his dribbling, passing and of course finishing. Reach was also good though.
"God Save the King."
Maybe he didnt have an option with palmer as Hunt isnt fit still as we saw tonight and hes been easing him back in hopefully ? but Fox shouldnt have played whatever the injury crisis !! Reach should have played there or pudil when nielson thorniley ogrady stobbs and clare were all available to cover other positions !!
And Rhodes is done for i think unless we play 3 upfront which isnt an option at the moment ! and when it is hes not going to get picked over fessi hooper or joao now and maybe winnall plus bob and flecther to deal with ???? i think we should cut our losses i dont see the point in having him ?

and please dont ever right again ... just highlighting two of the comments you sound like my boss ffs Laugh unless youre going to pay me that is Whistle
(14-02-2018, 02:01)Imre varadi Wrote: Maybe he didnt have an option with palmer as Hunt isnt fit still as we saw tonight and hes been easing him back in hopefully ? but Fox shouldnt have played whatever the injury crisis !! Reach should have played there or pudil when nielson thorniley ogrady stobbs and clare were all available to cover other positions !!
And Rhodes is done for i think unless we play 3 upfront which isnt an option at the moment ! and when it is hes not going to get picked over fessi hooper or joao now and maybe winnall plus bob and flecther to deal with ???? i think we should cut our losses i dont see the point in having him ?

and please dont ever right again ... just highlighting two of the comments you sound like my boss ffs  Laugh  unless youre going to pay me that is  Whistle

But has previously discussed by SCO the fact the his purchase price is spread over the contract term the accounting math starts getting into trouble on FFP so its never quite as obvious easy and simple as everyone on here and OT Smartass Smartass seems to think Doh Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »