Thread Rating:
The Owls v Derby SBC Match Thread
Didn't expect that. Missed both the goals so will have to wait for the highlights to be posted.

Could this be the start of the Derby Spring meltdown?
good unexspected win !! seasons over just about a few more wins will come easier than what some are banging on about !! like i said 15th or 17th it means xxxx all !!
Excellent win. A win at last!!!
"God Save the King."
(13-02-2018, 23:38)peiowl Wrote:
(13-02-2018, 23:36)Maddix Wrote:
(13-02-2018, 23:30)peiowl Wrote: the saviour comes on. Doh

You're going to make yourself ill with this obsessiveness PEI. Give the guy a break. He does have his uses even if he's not the best player in the squad.

And he's our top scorer this year  Wink

sometimes you guys don't get it. a wind up that's all.

I'm not wound up, I'm just concerned for your health Thumb up Alzheimers is a difficult thing to live with Cool
Imre varadi, Washington, peiowl like this post
and complicated
Great result against a team that have been flying and one that we usually struggle to get anything from!! Saw the 2nd goal, that was a peach, first one sounded good as well. We seemed to battle well all over the park, something that has been missing at times this season and having 4 in midfield seemed to give us the opportunity to link defence into attack much better. Joao was the standout for his brace but no one really had a bad game and we were able to compete with them in every position.

As Imre said, a few more wins needed and we can rest easy, on that performance we definitely have those wins in us and with a few other players coming back from injury we should get stronger as well. Finally feel positive after a game for ages!!! Good warm-up for the cup on Saturday, if we battle like we did tonight then their quality may well be too much for us but it would at least force them to show it!!
For the first time in ages that was a game that was actually worth listening to Thumb up We showed the attributes of what I want from my team tonight Thumb up Passion and work rate Thumb up I can forgive defeats and technical deficiencies (like Bob) but when you're not competing and it looks like players have given up ...... Angry
and complicated
(14-02-2018, 00:02)Maddix Wrote: For the first time in ages that was a game that was actually worth listening to  Thumb up We showed the attributes of what I want from my team tonight  Thumb up Passion and work rate  Thumb up I can forgive defeats and technical deficiencies (like Bob) but when you're not competing and it looks like players have given up ......  Angry

I think it also helped that Derby played a style that has always seemed to suit us!! We can't break teams down or play against counter attacking teams, so playing a team that plays quite open attacking football like they seemed to do plays into our hands to a degree. But you are right, I can't remember when we last put in a battling performance like that!! Not saying they haven't been trying in other games, but you could see that bit extra from everyone tonight!!
And this is not a wind up. I honestly don't want us to field players like Joao and Pussya and Hunt and any others vital to our league games against Swansea. Nuhiu., Palmer and Butterballs if eligible should start.
"God Save the King."
(14-02-2018, 00:30)peiowl Wrote: And this is not a wind up. I honestly don't want us to field players like Joao and Pussya and Hunt and any others vital to our league games against Swansea. Nuhiu., Palmer and Butterballs if eligible should start.

Can't agree with you there, play the same 11 from tonight. Confidence in winning tonight is key, let them go again as long as they are not carrying injuries. I can see Nuhiu coming in though as he has single handedly carried us in the cup so far this season anyway. What I wouldn't do is risk the likes of Lees or any other returning player in this one, those are the ones we need fit and ready for the league.
And this is not a wind up. I can see both arguments between Pieblade and Imre but I think I'm slightly on the side of Imre now. The league has gone and it makes no difference where we finish as long as it's above 22nd. The win tonight should ensure that we have the confidence to go on and get the 10 or 15 points needed for safety from the 14 games left so why not a cup run Huh
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »