Thread Rating:
The Owls v Derby SBC Match Thread
THE MATCH

TUESDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 7:45PM KICK OFF

[Image: c8f0e1f02feea03b72811b4b50c0f4c0--britis...nesday.jpg] v [Image: th?id=OIP.hpYGNgf6E9i8U0yvZxAkgAHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]

LAST MATCH

Another draw, another point as we await our first league win under Jos. Got the first goal as Nuhiu slotted home from the spot after Joao had been fouled. But we then let Barnsley straight back into it as they waltzed through our midfield and defence to equalise a few minutes later. Both teams had chances with Wildsmith being the more worked keeper as we couldn't get our shots on target. Probably a fair result but a result that helps neither team in our relegation fight.

THE MATCH

We are back at Hillsborough as we entertain promotion hopefuls Derby. Derby haven't lost in the league since the 28th of November, I think it is longer since we last won at Hillsborough in the league this season Doh . A point would be a great result as a win is looking highly unlikely. Thankfully Winnall cant play as he is injured, unfortunately Loovens & Butterfield probably will be Doh  Doh

CURRENT FORM

OWLS          -              Confused  Angry  Confused  Confused  Confused  Angry

DERBY         -               Confused  Big Grin  Confused  Confused  Big Grin  Confused

THE BASTARD IN THE BLACK

TBC

THE TEAM

Loovens & Butterfield will probably be available sadly, Pudil might be ready too

Probable line-up:
Wildsmith
Venancio, Loovens, Thorniley
Hunt, Wallace, Pelupessy, Reach, Fox
Joao, Nuhiu

SCORE & SCORER (HOME TEAM SCORE FIRST)

1-2 Nuhiu - Owlkev

ATTENDANCE

25112 - Owlkev

BML

Maddix  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
Owlkev  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
Peiowl  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass Smartass
Stateside  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass Smartass
Imre  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
Washington  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
Southey  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
SCO  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
Towninjustonce  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
Jacko  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass
Wereham  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass  Smartass

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Bristol Rovers v Rochdale
Charlton v Bradford
Fleetwood v Shrewsbury
Portsmouth v Blackburn
Rotherham v Oxford

HHAHH - Owlkev

THE MUPPETT LEAGUE

Please leave and never come back Thumb up

[Image: ?preset=square&greyscale=false] [Image: 1a758f1331e51aabd80fdd83485b5fa8.jpg]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

[Image: iypski5vqnrtadp4tw17.jpg]
[Image: Kate1.jpg]

The thread awaits the Meggo of Statesides choice. Thumb up

Washington, Statesideowl, Imre varadi like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Cheers, Kev.

I am completely over this season. We got the point I expected at Dingle land. The sheep shaggers will tear us a new one though.
It's my Bday tomorrow and I thoroughly expect these clowns to deliver me a nice gift wrapped apathetic performance.

1-3 Joao

HDAHH

[Image: 93d31c9faffaca3c27d12c51c0f27528--hilari...y-pics.jpg]
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
A few comments from the presser:

JL: Jack Hunt is an option for tomorrow
JL: Almen Abdi has been training one and a half week with the team and is on a good way. Gary Hooper is a couple of weeks away
JL: But Daniel Pudil is available, as is Glenn Loovens. David Jones will also be ok for the game
JL: Tomorrow we maybe also have a situation where we have players from the Under-23s

Tom Lees is due to play for the U23s today at Huddersfield.

Lees, O'Grady & Nielsen all starting for the U23s today.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
3-1 Reach
HHAHH
JUST SAYING LIKE!
1-1 Reach
ddddd

I dont thnk Butterballs can play anyway as it will be part of the agreement not to play against there clubs . Although Derby who obviously are laughing there bolloxs of at this loan deal will probably say its ok for him to play as it gives them an advantage Whistle

Im losing my pateince a little with Jos as he keeps picking Fox and palmer ? surely we would be better with either Hunt & Pudil ? or Hunt and Reach ? its not a question it actualy doesnt need answering i cant believe he keeps this up ?

Id also like to see stobbs given his debut as he cant play in the more important cup game Whistle he did very well on saturday he sent in the best cross ive seen all season Thumb up i thought wow a forward who can cross Huh
Lees played about an hour and also got on the score-sheet.
For me i dont see the defence as a problem  pudil venesa thorniley are doing perfectly Thumb up and nielson who im more impressed with and i would like to see him  perminant with lees as our center back pairing for next season when we finally hopefully get rid of Loovens anyway lees will give us options but he wont be able to sort the goal drought ? we need Lee & fessi back to sort this and its not going to happen Doh i realy dont think Hooper abdi or hutch can sort this out Thumb down
Statesideowl likes this post
2-1 Joao
HHDDH

Almost certain Butterfield cannot play in this game, just as Winnall wouldn’t be able to if he was fit. Imre I too would prefer to see Pudil go back to LB instead of Fox but until we get Lees back I think its better to play Pudil at CH. Unfortunately we don’t have another LB to slot in there and moving Reach back there would waste his ability further up the field.

I would play Joao and Rhodes up front, leave Nuhiu on the bench to come on and cause problems late on. He did score the penalty against the dingles but he did bugger all else!!
I dont see Nuhui working from the bench unless we are a goal up ..that i doubt very much Doh i dont know what we can do upfront it all seems pretty xxxx useles unless we stick 3 upfront ? but then our defence will cave in Doh 3-5-2 is they way forward for this season untill we have players to pick from but it leaves us with having to be 100% clynical which are not Doh thats the ony option though im afriad as going back to a 4 man defence isnt right now Thumb down
"as he cant play in the more important cup game "

Oh Lord. OMG. FFS.  Give me patience against this............ Doh Doh

Maybe he really meant "as he can't play in the unimportant cup game?" Huh

There. That has to be it. Thumb up

1-1 . Wallace
hhhhh

"God Save the King."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »