Thread Rating:
Dingles v The Owls SBC Match THread
Today was certainly better than Birmingham, it was more like the other games we have drawn since Jos arrived. I’m still hoping that the loss to Brum was a blip rahter than the norm, 2 stupid mistakes left us 2-0 down early and soon followed by being down to 10 men, hopefully it was just one of those days.
We're 6pts from relegation.

The players and people behind the scenes have so much to answer for this season it really is just exhausting.
This takes the cake, or the tart.

"Swansea have been revitalised by the arrival of manager Carlos Carvalhal, who has lost only one of his 11 games since taking charge in December.

During that period the team have played with greater fluency and purpose, while Carvalhal has lifted spirits on and off the field with his eccentric turns of phrase and spontaneous acts of kindness, such as handing out Portuguese custard tarts to journalists in his media conference before this fixture."

The twat played with three strikers..

CC: ""We put in Andre Ayew, Tammy Abraham; we had three attackers in the middle. We put all the meat in the barbecue, all the meat inside the grill, because we wish a lot to win the game. I am very happy because that created a big impact."
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(10-02-2018, 19:54)Statesideowl Wrote: We're 6pts from relegation.

The players and people behind the scenes have so much to answer for this season it really is just exhausting.
This takes the cake, or the tart.

"Swansea have been revitalised by the arrival of manager Carlos Carvalhal, who has lost only one of his 11 games since taking charge in December.

During that period the team have played with greater fluency and purpose, while Carvalhal has lifted spirits on and off the field with his eccentric turns of phrase and spontaneous acts of kindness, such as handing out Portuguese custard tarts to journalists in his media conference before this fixture."

The twat played with three strikers..

CC: ""We put in Andre Ayew, Tammy Abraham; we had three attackers in the middle. We put all the meat in the barbecue, all the meat inside the grill, because we wish a lot to win the game. I am very happy because that created a big impact."

C'UNT Angry WTF didn't he do this for us Huh Angry
and complicated
They are seeing the same Carlos we saw in his first season with us. The football was great, we were challenging in every game, he was charming in the media and the players played like a family!!! He might actually keep them up, but lets see how he does in the transfer window and how he copes when things don’t go so well, but as Imre said earlier on, he is ideal for the PL, just wasn’t right for promotion once we missed out in the PO final.
Statesideowl and Maddix like this post
It's, sort of, nice to see a few of you have woken up to the possibility of relegation that I've been warning about since July  Smartass

Pieblade still thinks he's the only one worried about it though  Laugh
Imre varadi likes this post
and complicated
We haven't beaten any of the teams below us in the table, drawing 6 and losing 4. Burton took 4 pts of us, Birmingham did the double over us and we gave Bolton there first win of the season.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(10-02-2018, 20:05)Maddix Wrote: It's, sort of, nice to see a few of you have woken up to the possibility of relegation that I've been warning about since July  Smartass

Pieblade still thinks he's the only one worried about it though  Laugh

apart from Stateside and me who else has had this epiphany Maddix? All I see are blase comments like we'll be alright and idiotic nonsense such as I want us to go down anyway, we still have the cup to play for.

Am I wrong? I hope so. I hope it's not just the three of us that see the situation for what it is.
"God Save the King."
I still don’t think we are in a relegation dogfight yet, we are still 6 points above the relegation places and the teams down there by definition don’t win many games!! But the reality of our situation is that we could easily find ourselves slugging it out game by game with the bottom 4-5 teams if we don’t pick up points!!

Lets remember that when we lost 3-0 at home to Burton, Carlos left and Jos came in we were 6 points above the relegation spots and in 16th place, now we are still 6 points above and in 17th. These draws have been boring but we are not on worse form than the teams below us, we are doing the same. They have to win at least 2 games more than us, every game that doesn’t happen puts more pressure on them rather than us. We might find one or two teams pick up those points but if we keep picking up points we should be able to stay about where we are.
So I guess you are not one of "the few of us" that Maddix feels have "woken up to the possibility of relegation" SCO? In a way, I wish I were not one of the three who have had the awakening.
"God Save the King."
We we are only 6 pts off the bottom three, that means a relegation dogfight in any league, anywhere in the world.We are probably going to need 4 or 5 wins to ensure safety.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »