Thread Rating:
RIFC
I'd like to remind everyone that he's only wanted for questioning at this point. Still a long way to go before he's up on trial, never mind convicted of anything.

I also would expect that he'll waive any challenge to extradition - yes, I've quickly changed my opinion on that - as I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to spend a single night in a Mexican jail, never mind the weeks and weeks it would take to fight it.
He'd probably enjoy a night in a Mexican jail lol,mans bent as a nine bob bit,but yer right in what yer saying Trus
AS I thought, he's back in the UK tout suite.

STV Wrote:Craig Whyte held by Scots police after landing at Heathrow from Mexico

Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte has arrived back in the United Kingdom after being detained in Mexico.

The 43-year-old landed at London Heathrow Airport on Thursday afternoon and was met by the authorities.

STV understands Police Scotland detained Whyte on arrival at the London airport from Mexico City.

He will be transported north to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Friday.

Whyte's arrest is in connection with an investigation of the sale of Rangers from Sir David Murray in 2011.

A warrant was issued for his arrest two weeks ago but his whereabouts were unknown.

Four men appeared in court earlier this month charged with fraudulent activity linked to the sale of the club three years ago.

Gary Withey, 50, David Whitehouse, 49, Paul Clark, 50, and David Grier, 53, were granted bail following a hearing at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

A second warrant was issued for Whyte's arrest last week after he failed to attend a court hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice in London after being ordered to pay more than £17m to Ticketus.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/301300-r...in-mexico/

Edit: Unless he's actually been charged in connection with the D&P/Collyer Bristow boys, the court appearance tomorrow must only be for the non-appearance at previous court cases. He'll be asked to explain why he missed them all, and then the Sheriff will decide whether to implement the 28 days clink that's lined up for him for that, or not. If he weasels out of that, will he be deemed a flight risk with regards to the other warrant?
Good that Whyte is back in UK and perhaps, through time, gets what he and his cohorts deserve. Thoughts now chaps on accounts released today- £ 8 million odd loss !!!
HHGH
If as 42% decrease in operating losses are the worst you come up with them then I'd suggest the overall picture isn't that bad.

Financial Highlights

· Group Revenue increased by 32% to £25.2m (2013: £19.1m)
· Retail revenue increased by 375% to £7.6m (2013: £1.6m)
· Sponsorship and advertising revenues rose to £1.5m (2013: £0.8; +79%)
· 42% reduction in operating losses to £8.3m (2013: £14.4m)
· Other Operating Income rose from £1.7m to £2.1m (+22%)
· Successful Open Offer raising £3.13m (gross) provided valuable additional working capital
· Significantly reduced cost base across the Group

Everything going in the right direction. Thumb up
What about the lowlights are there any?
Payoffs to outgoing directors, an early League Cup exit and losing the Ramsden's Cup final.
Seems fair Car.
I find it risible that : 'he returned to the UK voluntary' ... after being arrested in Mexico under the London High Court Warrant.

Thaw : Right you bastard, you're nicked !

Shyster : Fair Cop, Guv, I'll come quietly.

Skysports - Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte released on bail
AVFC RFC SAFC
Trus, you certainly live in yer own wee bubble world, which some time soon will burst. "Every thing going in the right direction " you quote- on what do you base that buddy. The club is pissing money oot the door right left and centre- even DLT doubt the future financial future without further investment. Going in the right direction you claim- aye- downwards yet again. Wise up.
HHGH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »