Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
...And that's us finally conceded on the irish border question apparently.

Tony Connelly
✔ @tconnellyRTE
BREAKING: UK will concede that there will be no "regulatory divergence" on the island of Ireland on the single market and customs union, acc to a draft text seen by @rtenews.

11:16 AM - Dec 4, 2017

EU reiterating there wont be trade talks til the citizens rights issue is sorted. 50/50 on a deal according to verhofstadt. I predict davis will cave on that today too so we can go for a trade deal in Brussels later this month.

In essence the EU have got all their demands 100%. "taking back control".
And now it would appear that the UK Brexit negotiations are being "run" by the DUP!!!!  Talks break down after the DUP threaten to withdraw support if what was being proposed goes through!!  You couldn't make this shite up!!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735
It doesn't look like Brexit is going to happen.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...90881.html

Add in Nicola Sturgeon's rightful Scottish reaction to the concession of the NI still possibly being linked to the EU single market and it is all 'kicking off big time'!! None of this 'special preference' crap eh! As for the DUP? They seem to be 'out of touch' with the majority of their own population who voted to remain in the EU, much like the vote in Scotland.
(04-12-2017, 19:05)St Charles Owl Wrote: And now it would appear that the UK Brexit negotiations are being "run" by the DUP!!!!  Talks break down after the DUP threaten to withdraw support if what was being proposed goes through!!  You couldn't make this shite up!!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42217735

A small hard right political party in a british province,led by someone under investigation for corruption holds all the cards while our PM falters in Brussels. Magic eh ? Where's that xxxx boris the day ?

May actually opted to do the right thing for once as the urgency of a trade deal starts to bite.....but someone has to get fucked over the ireland question and there is no way its going to be the EU or the republic.

Make no mistake, junker does not care less if the UK progresses to phase 2 or not.

(04-12-2017, 22:14)spireitematt Wrote: It doesn't look like Brexit is going to happen.

The only sensible end game is for the UK to stay in the customs union and the single market. That will also make brexit hugely expensive and completely xxxx pointless but we knew all that anyway.

Its a hard sell for may. She either gets the brexiteers and DUP on board asap or off to the polls we go.
0762 likes this post
Todays parliament chat about"harmonisation" being different from "alignment" being different from the "customs union" reveals the government's strategy quite clearly. One that we thought might happen after the vote. A massive fudge of the English variety.

They are going to tell the brexiteers that we have left the single market when the actual truth will be that we haven't.
The 'bottom line' for me, on observing the latest brexit 'climb down', is that if brexit is to go ahead, it will be because the UK govt has sacrificed the Union! That's why quite a few toerags of 'different persuasions' have been scampering around emphasising their political party's conservative and 'unionist' title!
From a Scottish viewpoint, I see this toerag govt being so reliant on the votes of staunch Ulster Unionists and, in thrall to the hard-right UKIP wing of their party, it has repeatedly ignored the wishes of the people of Scotland and our govt to remain within the EU. If Scotland wants to remain in the single market then, quite simply, why can't we? And if they tell us no AGAIN then what can we do about it?? IMO no other choice but go for indy ref 2 and couple that move to the impending Growth Commission report on Scotland's future progress etc which makes for positive reading!
Yup.

Interesting and ironic also to note how the DUP slated corbyn as PM as being disastrous for northern ireland,when they have just been shafted by the conservative and unionist party.

This is the most insane thing the UK has attempted in my lifetime. I think everyone can see it for what it is now, it needs to be stopped.
0762 likes this post
Am I seeing things here? Davis has just admitted that there were no brexit impact assessments on the UK economy carried out   Laugh Despite him telling parliament they were done in great detail and the prime minister had read them !!!

The EU has done their homework on the other hand and I draw your attention to this paragraph.

For the EU 27, the losses [of Brexit] are found to be virtually insignificant, and hardly noticed in the aggregate. By contrast, for the UK, the losses could be highly significant, over ten times greater as a share of GDP.’
Davis is nothing other than another shameless bastard, one of many within the brexit group, but, as Scots, we witnessed the 'period of the shameless bastard' from all unionist parties during Scottish referendum year 2014. Deja vu and nothing really surprises me re these dishonourable people any more!!! Davis' interview Chairman, Hilary Benn, epitomised the astonishment when Davis admitted there have been no impact assessments! He should be sacked on the spot for total negligence! Indeed, government officials must have been aware of the deception and a 'vote of no confidence' is definitely required + get rid of this DUP stigma that is stuck to them like weakened glue!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »