Thread Rating:
Champions league Group B
I actually think they have looked ok on the rare occasions they have got up the park. But once again its a makeshift defence making schoolboy errors against world class footballers.

It could be a long night,which hopefully helps us a bit at the weekend.
FT 3-0 and a reasonable score line that could well have been a lot worse if so many good scoring opps had not been scorned by Bayern players.
Could have finished 6-2 really. celtic were outclassed but at least got something of a passing game going in the last 20. Much better teams than shellick have been hammered in the allianz.
The next fixture v Bayern Munich looming ever closer and Celtic's ex captain, Paul Lambert, saying that qualifying is not enough and Celtic must try to 'jump to the next level'. Bayern are short of Lewandowski and Riberry but IMO will be too strong for Celtic unless they 'don't show up'. I rate their new manager, Heynckes, very highly and don't see them failing to win tonight but 'you never know' eh! Rolleyes
muller is out for Bayern too,but aye it's still a big ask. Reflected in those bookies odds of 8/1 for a celtic win!

Think Rodgers has to try something different the night,trying to go toe to toe with teams like PSG and Bayern isn't a good idea and as a result both games were over as a contest early doors.
Celtic 1 Bayern 2 and the Hoops played very well with top performers Tierney, Magregor and Forrest but they need better quality in central defence and a weakened Bayern team still good enough to 'turn them over'.
Just caught the game, celtic played well and should have really got a point but the defending for that first goal was absolutely criminal.

Forrest had a tremendous game and showed a real quality to his play,the kind that i didn't think he was capable of.
It does not get any easier though - PSG next in Paris! Batten the hatches!
I though we played about as well as we could
Stupid defending for both their goals and only one player who didn't get pass marks (Sinclair)
I though Forrest and Tierney where different class, when one winger has the whole defence backing off and the opposition winger switches sides to get a kick you know you have played well
A bit unfortunate, I thought Celtic played well but Bayern probably just deserved to edge it.
Celtic fans can look forward to at least another 6 games in the Europa cup and might go further than the group stages.
Brendan Rogers has done about all he can with the group of players he has available but needs to make a couple of Blue Chip signings to take that extra step in the Champions League where the quality improves every season. Clubs are spending tens of millions just to keep up with those around them, Celtic fans deserve the chance to reach the last 16.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »