Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
The Home Shirt will be able to buy on Monday, with a £10 discount until 30th November Adult £49, Junior £35, Infant £25 then they go up to £59 Adult, Junior £45, Infant £35 December 1st onward.

The 3rd Kit will be first seen when we play Villa away on 4th November.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
39 quid for that wank ipswich shirt who are they kidding ffs !! pile of xxxx shite shuve it up yer arse with the wankers who lost a final 2-0 up ...thats when it all started all this bad luck ... die peiowl we must get rid of this hoodoo you cause the club !!
(21-10-2017, 00:16)Imre varadi Wrote: 39 quid for that wank ipswich shirt who are they kidding ffs !! pile of **** shite shuve it up yer arse with the wankers who lost a final 2-0 up ...thats when it all started all this bad luck ... die peiowl we must get rid of this hoodoo you cause the club !!

It's worse than you think - 49 is with the tenner off. Back to 59 in time for Christmas Doh
I'm a grown man, so I don't buy the shirts!

Any football shirt is made at a cost of between £3.00 and £3.50, whether it is Nike, Adidas, Puma or whatever, it is those companies that then hike up the price.

At least the way we are doing it, Wednesday make more money per shirt sold!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
According to social medie queues a mile long at the shop for the shirt,sold out in 50 minutes.Still some mugs about then.They could sell a million shirts but it wouldn't make us any better on the pitch.
Maddix likes this post
Nothing changes,again.
(24-10-2017, 17:22)Daffodils on the piano Wrote: According to social medie queues a mile long at the shop for the shirt,sold out in 50 minutes.Still some mugs about then.They could sell a million shirts but it wouldn't make us any better on the pitch.

I really don't understand football supporters. One minute everyone's complaining the ticket prices are too high, the next they all rush out to buy over-priced tat from the club. Bizarre.
Daffodils on the piano likes this post
You know nothing, Jacko
Some of the minutes from the steering meeting last night:

DC confirmed that he is 100% behind Carlos and the length of his contract is not important. He also confirmed that
Carlos goes to the board recommending which positions he wants to improve and then the agency/scouts go
looking for players that fit that position to recommend to him. With 8/9 clubs enjoying parachute payments it is difficult
to compete in the transfer market so first choices are not always within our reach. DC realises fans expectations
have risen over the past 2 years and still believes we have the squad to push for promotion this season. DC said
they had on a couple of occasions taken note of fans desires to signed certain players.

DC takes full responsibility for the club both on and off the field, he again raised the issue of social abuse both
to his family and to the players on Twitter and Facebook. If the fans have something to say about the club they
should email him direct and he will answer all points raised. He has received over 400 emails regarding the “Ask
the Chairman” and he hopes to have responded to everyone by the end of October beginning of November,
if he doesn’t respond to your email please send it again so he can address your points.

The launch of the 150 year third kit will hopefully take place in November. The delay in the home/away kits was
explained in more detail - stocks of the home kit did arrive in September however the club felt that the numbers
delivered would have meant a potential sell out within days so held these back until further deliveries arrived.
It is the same situation with the away kit once further stocks have been delivered these will go on sale, the
infant and Juniors only have shirts available currently as insufficient stocks were delivered. To put out the full
kits the shorts and socks will be available at a later date the infant kits do not have embroidered badges and
logos as they believed this would cause irritation to those wearing them. The club confirmed that they are to
continue dealing directly with the manufacturer and plans are already in place regarding next season’s kits, it was
confirmed that the quality will be even better next season than this and they had learnt a lot of lessons from
this season’s issues. DC said that returning to a striped home shirt wasn’t out of the question but wouldn’t be
drawn into whether that was going to be a possibility. The club are to use a different manufacturer for next
season’s kit and we were given the impression companies like Nike and Adidas use the same company

The club believe that the 150 year celebrations are going well so far and that there is more activities to come
however they didn’t disclose what these were going to be

The club are aware that the prints had players names in the wrong order and this is being addressed. I apologise at
this present time as I don’t know if those who have already bought one can take them back and get a replacement

The topic of fans behaviour at home and away games was raised following the incidents at Derby on Saturday. There
is a text number in the programme for you to use immediately if you see anything of that nature when we are at
at Home game the club will then monitor CCTV and act with immediate effect

The club are looking at ways to raise our profile globally but until we reach the PL this is difficult. The club
are looking at an International Facebook page and are looking to establish links with Universities in the Far
East. To raise it on the club website is a “Community” section that talks about all of the things the club are
doing in both the UK and abroad

Stadium Development didn’t get it usual long discussion Capacity for this season currently sits at 34,234 with
talks on going with SAG to get this increased
. The on going comments about the Presto sign still being visible on
the West Stand was raised and the club are looking into repainting the roof however due to scaffolding issues
this can only be done pre season

Other discussion points included ifollow where the club are continually working to improve the service. Season
ticket sales this season were close to 21,000. The three year season ticket of two seasons ago at this moment in
time isn’t planned to be made available again

With regards to decision making at the club, DC confirmed that it has 10 Managers all given the authority to make
key decisions within the club and that he does hand control to them.

A few points:

Carlos wont be getting sacked anytime soon.
They took advice from fans about signing players Doh
The 150 year anniversary is going well Doh
So that's about 5500 seats we cant use on a matchday Thumb down
Would like to know who these managers are, think most of them need sacking

A bit more from TheStar about last nights meeting:

His public backing for Carvalhal brought a round of applause from the 30 fans in attendance.

The Thai businessman also revealed he held a lengthy meeting with the Owls’ players before their training session on Wednesday.

Chansiri said: “We have a good team and I believe in them but we are not playing consistently.

“On the pitch, it depends on the players. Carlos’ job is to make them more consistent.

“But the players are human beings. We know how ambitious they are. The players want to play in the Premier League. When they lose, they get upset.

“I expect them to play more consistently.”

The club’s transfer business has come in for some criticism over the last 18 months. Some supporters questioned their recruitment drive at the Steering Group.

But Chansiri defended their transfer activity, insisting: “When you recruit players, you think they are going to be the best ones and a good fit for your team.”

Explaining their transfer process, he said: “We have a committee. We have advisers. They go and look at what positions the coach wants.

“They give some options and the coach puts forward some and then we choose. We have a list of options.

“With Carlos, we talk about what weaknesses that we have.”

Chansiri went on to say Doyen Sport are “one” of the club’s advisers and admitted the agency talk directly to other club’s on Wednesday’s behalf.

But he was quick to stress he continues to have the final say on their transfer dealings.
Statesideowl, Towinjustonce, Washington And 1 others like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Sounds like a lot of excuses, passing the buck. Also, too many middle men from the sounds of it. This isn't a Tuna canning company where it's necessary to have manager after manager in separate departments, created simply just for managerial positions!. Doh

I don't know how I feel about the information at hand
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
so hes got his head up his arse then in denial !! well he can xxxx off for all i care the wanker !!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/...-1-8825664 Yep its got nothing to do with the fact that you wont play him you wanker !! goodbye the best talent in England have fun playing for a top premiership team in the future and winning them trophys !!
Well that's got me thinking Confused I can't see me prioritising sitting in front of a computer on a Satdi afternoon or Tuesday night as things stand. I've had some right flak from the family for doing this in the past but it ain't happening again any time soon Cool If I'm not doing owt else I might pop in to the live games but don't expect me to last the full ninety Thumb up I mean, you don't even get entertained any more Angry
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »