Thread Rating:
ICC Champions Trophy 2017
Eighth wicket down! Deirdre's on fire! Cummins caught and bowled for 4, Aus now 253-8 with four overs still to bat!

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio Laugh

There's number nine! Wood bowls Adam Zampa for a three-ball duck. It's almost cruel at this stage Big Grin

Travis Head goes down swinging and pushes Australia to 277-9 off the fifty. England will need 278 to win.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Good performance from England in the field.
278 to win, when it looked like they'd be chasing well over 300.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Jason Roy goes for 4 and uses up England's review in the process Rolleyes
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Desperate for a reprieve there. He was plumb lbw and immediately called for the review.
Hales edges to first slip. FFS, England. 6-2 after eight balls.

And now it's 35-3, Joe Root gone. You can always back England to f**k up a simple run-chase.
Not going well, but here comes the rain. If it stays, the Aussies are off home.
Rain stops play. This'll do nicely, keep pissing it down another few hours Laugh
We've got 20 overs in and England are 14 runs up on the old Ducky Lewis.

100 partnership Morgan and Stokes Thumb up

Ten days into the competition and I've just realised that the West Indies aren't here. Doh
Magnificent turnaround. Australia look half-beaten already.

Argh, Morgan's had a nightmare there. Ball-watching while Stokes is looking for the single. It felt like a run-out was the only chance Australia had of breaking that partnership. Now need Jos Buttler to keep a cool head and shepherd this home.
A boundary for Stokes to complete his century off a hundred and eight balls! His maiden ton in the Champions Trophy, and looks like being a match-winner.

Rain stopped play again, England well ahead on Duckworth-Lewis. This could be all she wrote...

And it is indeed all she wrote. England win by 40 runs on Duckworth-Lewis. Aussies going home, Bangladesh through to the semi-finals. Fantastic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »