Thread Rating:
ICC Champions Trophy 2017
Now raining again
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Rain's disappeared again for now. Australia now chasing an adjusted 235 off thirty-three overs.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Argh. Was looking like an exciting contest with New Zealand taking three Aussie wickets early doors, but the rain gods have had it in for Birmingham today. Match abandoned.

Still, after the first round of Group A matches you can't complain about a table which looks like this.

[Image: Table.jpg]
Lord Snooty likes this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Might complain if we lose next two matches

Yeah, I think we all would. But equally, a win against New Zealand on Tuesday puts England straight through, irrespective of what happens between Australia and Bangladesh on Monday. I do worry about the ability to take wickets, especially now Woakes is gone, but throw the kitchen sink at that one game and you're laughing.

Meanwhile, Sri Lanka vs South Africa at the Oval today. It'll be interesting to see if the Sri Lankans can find a way to limit the Saffers batting. If conditions are right, I think they'll be nailed on for a big score.
Decent game, Sri Lanka were right in it until Imran Tahir went to work on them. South Africa win by 96 runs.
India marmalise Pakistan at Edgbaston and go top, with South Africa second. Each have a chance to seal qualification in their next fixture.

[Image: TableB.jpg]
Bangladesh vs Australia at the Oval today. Bangladesh win the toss and elect to bat. Rain may have a big say in this, it's coming in thick all over the country.
Get the feeling we may have to beat the Aussies to qualify if the game in Cardiff gets rained off

Yeah, that's actually looking pretty likely. Forecast for Cardiff tomorrow not great, to say the least.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »