Thread Rating:
Mark Warburton
They are trying to get out of paying warbiola for his redundancy money. Its that simple. They were hoping he would go to forest but even they aren't that stupid.

Fascinating that such a modern thinking and acting manager (touted as the next england manager at one stage) would be discarded so quickly. The press will do their usual cover their eyes when it comes to sevco but their really is no disguising the lack of dignity and decency here.

I would feel sorry for warburton,but the mans an arrogant cock. Not to mention his desperation to embrace certain unsavoury elements associated with that club.
Warburton was away with the fairies some of the stuff the last couple of weeks from him fmhas been nonsense to say the least
He's totally tuned to the moon fred. He lost the plot long,long ago. He's also a garbage manager,so much for the the standards of the english championship...one of the most overrated leagues out there.

Big eck or billy davies i reckon. Davies is used to sloppy seconds Wink
(11-02-2017, 03:29)St Charles Owl Wrote: Sounds like the might have another job lined up, all a bit strange through!!

11/02/2017 : Team Warburton leaving Rangers yesterday could all be down to Operation Cock-Up.

Mark Warburton and David Weir tell their Agent that they have been approached by Nottingham Forest and instruct their Agent to ask the Board of Rangers what the situation would be if MW and DW were to leave Rangers. The message gets lost in translation as being that MW and DW want to leave Rangers. The Board in turn says go to Forest then, as quite rightly Rangers only want folks who want to be at Rangers. MW and DW then hear that they have resigned, when all they actually wanted was to know was the answer to the hypothetical question regarding what would be the arrangements if they were to resign.

Whether that is what happened or not, the basic point is that neither MW nor DW, jointly or severally, should have even entertained the possibility of leaving Rangers for Nottingham Forest, or for any other Club. That they did contemplate leaving Rangers showed a lack of loyalty to Rangers, so it is not surprising that the Board has acted as it did.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Laugh Ahhh The jim traynor/level 5 line spouted verbatim. Laugh

Warburton was never offered the Forest job,so any discussions between himself and sevco about the possibility of his taking it must have been purely hypothetical as you say. In other words 'IF I am offered the Forest job WOULD sevco agree to waive their compensation claim. But if that had actually happened , sevco would have bitten their hands off. So get real. 'lost in translation'.... No credible board would announce it based on a hypothetical scenario Laugh Laugh

Why wouldnt they want to go to forest by the way ? They probably have a better transfer budget and aren't a complete basket case of a club run by a convicted crook. The fans have totally turned on them,the press have hung him out to dry the day and there's some evidence he has lost the dressing room.its only going to get worse for him. Of course he wants away, a pish championship/league one side is his level undeniably.

This all feels like a contrived set up to do warbs out of as much money as they can.
11/02/2017 : Dave King's statement provides context for and background to the departure of Team MW.

Rangers FC - Statement From Dave King - 11/02/2017
AVFC RFC SAFC
What a tissue of absolute lies from king.

Who takes someones resignation with 'immediate effect' on monday and then lets them take training and press conferences during the week before announcing it on friday. 2 days before an important scottish cup tie?

I doubt very much that the lying king would have pulled this stunt if rangers had the money to pay them off (a 7 figure sum by all accounts). Nor do i believe that anyone would sign away their right to severance pay without having already secured a job elsewhere,especially a highly respected former city trader.

Another court case coming,another instance of king acting like a chancer. We all know this character should be nowhere near a scottish football club.
Mcleish virtually begging for the job there on sky before he makes the next round draw.

ginger judas xxxx.
Just when you think the train wreck that's Ibrox is cant get any worse we have this, were to start on the panto.
First Larry you said "lack of loyalty", FFS mate have you never looked for another job when employed ? if that's a reason for getting the sack its a sad world.
Second Rangers claim Warbs resigned, he said he didn't (none of us know the truth here), but if it goes to court I'm sure rangers will be able to supply paper work to prove it if no we come down to his word vs rangers, and in 90 + % of cases the court or tribunal will take an employees word on that.
And finally Kings statement.
he said that"After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated" on Monday, now on the Friday he was sitting in front of TV cameras doing his press conference, funny that as his contract had been terminated. If this was true I get it but to have someone from the press inform him rather than face to face or a telephone call from someone, isn't really very dignified is it.
As to the rest of the statement. thin tissue of out right lies, thinly vailed half truth and out right attacks on what was last years football writers Manager of the year. (which is another out right disgrace)
the lies are simple
"£18 million of the originally estimated £30 million investment has already been made." he personally said he would invest 30 million he has to the last set of accounts invested only 3.7 million
and have they as group even invested the 18 million, well no they hasn't, the actual investment is 14 million all in soft loans.
So spin and lies guys.
I'm pretty sure even the most blue tinted spectacle wearing fan can see through this...if they really want to. Or is it more comfortable to simply accept the rubbish they are being fed??
10 years ago they where told that their spending was putting the club at risk (the guy from Lloyds was put in place to cut the loses)
6 years ago they where told that whyte wasn't a billionaire and would kill the club.
5 years ago the club died, I and others did say this would end up in court.
5 years ago they where told that Green was dodgy and would not be the right person to run the new club
we warned them about the IPO money being nicked
we told them McCoist was at it
we warned them about how the club was being run
2 years ago we told them King was a "glib and shameless liar" and he wasn't going to spend his promised 30 million front loaded.
At each turn the buried their heads in the sand and pretended it wasn't true.
Are they still going to make the same mistake??

we have Ashley verses RIFC in 3 weeks, we have the WiFi company vs RIFC in the autumn, and now Warbs et al vs them .....interesting and laugh a minute summer for us none blue noses

I know they say we are obsessed, mibby we are but it is so funny that we are laughing at it constantly
"After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated"

But yet he wrote a column during the week for the matchday programme on sunday,took training and held a press conference. Oddest resignation I've ever seen.

Naah. Something is not right there.

Next up I reckon they will stick someone cheap in place for the interim to secure Europa football,try and unsettle Aberdeen and saint johnstone in the process by linking their managers with the job..... before giving it to McLeish/davies. Then sell season books off the back of a top European manager arriving in the summer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »