Thread Rating:
WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread
[Image: Odemwingie.png]

Newly-promoted Albion get their first three points on the board courtesy of Odemwingie's debut goal against Sunderland, 21st August 2010

It's been an unhappy couple of weeks in Albionland, with an FA Cup exit swiftly followed by an awful afternoon at White Hart Lane to dent whatever hopes we may have had for 2017. However, all being well, we have a chance to get ourselves back on track this Saturday with a home fixture against Sunderland, who spend so much time having their name prefixed by the word "struggling" that it might as well be added to the club badge.

Of course, anyone entertaining the notion that this is therefore a pushover would do well to remember that a) it's Albion, b) it's Albion, and c) it is West Bromwich Albion. Things tend to look very comfortable from the heights of 8th place, in stark contrast to the way they look from the depths of 19th, and though the Black Cats remain winless since Christmas and have failed to pick up a single point on the road since Bonfire Night, it's exactly this kind of match - far more so than the dogfight six-pointers - which they know from experience will give them the chance of a surprise win and allow them to pull off their annual escape.

Though we've been reminded recently that our attack can still be a bit one-dimensional and our defence is often fragile when left exposed, hopefully Rondon will get enough chances on Saturday to make his mark and Anichebe will be obliged to call it a day after a stray butterfly lands on him. Three points would keep some hope for the season alive, so let's see what we can get.
aries22 likes this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Can't see anything other than a comfortable 3 points for us here (I don't say THAT very often), as long as we can keep Mr Defoe quiet. Is Evans going to be back?
Think Evans is having a late fitness test so we don't know yet, there's a chance we'll sign Livermore in time for this, so we could see him. Anichebe is injured for them which is a shame. I think we have to accept that Defoe will score and we'll need to score 2 to win.

Anyway we ought to win this but I fully expect a loss as I'm going and we lose most the games I go to (last 5 in a row). Sunderland will be desperate for a win so they might put in a performance.
(19-01-2017, 21:02)betterthanbaird Wrote: Think Evans is having a late fitness test so we don't know yet, there's a chance we'll sign Livermore in time for this, so we could see him. Anichebe is injured for them which is a shame. I think we have to accept that Defoe will score and we'll need to score 2 to win.

Anyway we ought to win this but I fully expect a loss as I'm going and we lose most the games I go to (last 5 in a row). Sunderland will be desperate for a win so they might put in a performance.

Stay at bloody home then Angry
Mind you your jinx has to end some time doesn't it Whistle

When you do the match thread for the Ammers game in a couple of weeks could you add this link https://t.co/oDJn9ghIUT  to your thread Skad please .....  Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(19-01-2017, 21:31)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(19-01-2017, 21:02)betterthanbaird Wrote: Think Evans is having a late fitness test so we don't know yet, there's a chance we'll sign Livermore in time for this, so we could see him. Anichebe is injured for them which is a shame. I think we have to accept that Defoe will score and we'll need to score 2 to win.

Stay at bloody home then  Angry
Mind you your jinx has to end some time doesn't it  Whistle

When you do the match thread for the Ammers game in a couple of weeks could you add this link https://t.co/oDJn9ghIUT  to your thread Skad please .....  Whistle

Never going to another game would be quite shit though, wouldn't it? You're right anyway we have to win anyway and Sunderland do look awful (as ever).
(19-01-2017, 21:02)betterthanbaird Wrote: Anichebe is injured for them which is a shame hilariously predictable.

Fixed that for you Laugh
Dingle-Dingle, Beefy 1965, aries22 And 1 others like this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
(20-01-2017, 00:38)Ska Wrote:
(19-01-2017, 21:02)betterthanbaird Wrote: Anichebe is injured for them which is a shame hilariously predictable.

Fixed that for you  Laugh

It seems as though he may, after all, be fit (enough for the first 10 minutes)
Nyom cleared to play tomorrow Thumb up

He's got clearance from FIFA to play tomorrow, great news!

Edit... John Percy confirmed this on Twitter

https://t.co/ng0Syy6gSG

What a boring day this has been
Jake in ......
Biryani out ......
Nyom cleared to play ..........

Next Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Nyom for Olsson. Not sure if that change is enough, but there aren't all that many options.
What a great result for Swansea at Liverpool. I wonder if Klopp and the Liverpool players did that hand-holding rush to the Kop at the end.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »