Thread Rating:
Spurs vs WBA - Match Thread
Better already. Chadli doesn't seem up for it though.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
I'd have took Chadli off before Brunt. Chadli looks poor - is he still picking up a salary from Spurs?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Our travelling supporters are magnificent - never stopped singing. Proud of them.

Oh dear Gareth.
Bollocks. Was just wondering whether a comeback goal could have made it interesting. Mozza gives it away and it's 3-0 5 secs later.

You can blow up now, ref!

Now Spurs fans singing "Are you Villa in disguise". Laugh
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
1 young centre half is definitely needed this month because McAuley is becoming more prone to mistakes and Olsson is no longer up to it. Björn Engels would be my choice.

2nd half has been better but the first half horror show has really cost us. A big few weeks of the transfer window coming up. At least 3 quality signings are needed.
Yacob and Foster brilliant. The rest have had a nightmare.

Chadli couldn't be arsed and GMac a terrible day at the office.
BaggieMan likes this post
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
On today's performance, Spurs are the best team in the Premiership. As I predicted earlier, a whupping was on the cards and we have been given that whupping and cannot complain. They had all the run of the ball and far greater skill than us.

We simply aren't good enough when it comes to playing the top teams and illustrates the need to buy big in this current window if we have any ambition at all. Only Ben Foster comes out with any real credit and without him, it could be approaching double figures.
Well that was embarrassing, everyone from the players to the management hang your heads in shame. (Fozzie excluded).
You can't thank Olsen and Mcauley enough for what they have done for the club over the years, but boy were they found wanting today. They weren't the only one's but they were way out of their depth.
To be fair to McAuley, I think he was pretty annoyed with the ref missing the obvious boot on him from Walker and as a result he was ready to go shoulder to shoulder and put Walker into the stand, but when Walker held off he was unbalanced.

At the end of the day he shouldn't be playing on the left of a back 3 because he's too old to be getting dragged into wide areas, but he'd still be ideal at the centre of a 3. It's unfair to say he's 'no longer up to it' because he's made a mistake playing out of position. He remains the best aerial defender in the league in both boxes and is the main reason why we rarely ever concede from a set play.

Olsson on the other hand must be replaced. He's been a great servant but his legs have gone, timing has gone and he really shouldn't even be in the mix as a squad player anymore. The fact McAuley is playing in the wider position of a 3 is due to the fact Olsson is in the team. In what other circumstances could a 37 year old centre half be deemed to have more legs?

Pulis always sets up the side to defend first against the top sides and when you get a 0-0 it's a masterclass, when they score early it's terrible...

But the reality is, Foster aside, each and every player was terrible today. Fletcher and Yacob were too slow and kept missing the easy outball. Mozza and Chadli were particularly shocking - they both had some reasonable opportunities but fluffed their lines time and time again. Rondon was isolated, but couldn't trap a bag of sand when it did go forward to him. HRK, despite his wonder strike at Southampton, really doesn't offer any threat as a sub and seems to be the type of 'forward' who will only ever score wonder goals because his main attribute is just 'putting himself about'. Dawson and Brunt were as bad as I've seen them play at full back in the first half.

This game shows us exactly how big the gap is getting between the top 6 and the rest. We can compete with most sides, but with a couple of injuries we're miles off the top sides.

We desperately need a centre half to replace Olsson and a real left back who we trust. Fletcher and Yacob are generally solid defensively, but we need more mobility in that role. That was made blatently obvious today. Assuming Saido is gone, you can't expect to do anything with just HRK and Rondon. When you weigh up the squad at our disposal, we've been punching well above our weight this season and maybe this brings us back to reality...
BaggieMan, BBB, HRK like this post
Well sadly it was my 4-0 prediction which can to pass, we were hammered by a superior team, no point putting up any excuses Spurs were by far the better team and deserved the scoreline. JO's time is definitely up and I certainly would not want to be GMac's dog tonight, scored an own goal, gave the ball away for the third and got booked in the process. I do not agree with the comment above that Fletcher had a good game, personally I don't think he has hit anywhere near the form of last season. CY I thought did the best he could under the circumstances.

After the third went in I don't remember us closing down with any meaning or attempting a tackle at all and just wanted the game to end.

I am still going to blame F.I.F.A. just a little for our last two results with their ruling which affects Nyom causing us to have to rejig the team, down to their incompetence.

Two brighter points to finish Foster was outstanding and our season will not be decided by playing the top 6, as long as we keep on top of the teams around us we can still have a great season.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »