Thread Rating:
WBA vs Derby - FA Cup Third Round Match Thread
Was at the game. Several things that have been mentioned above I fully agree with:-
1. Boas Myhill was awful at times. He has put on weight and is less mobile! Maybe Jack Rose should be our number 2? Why not play Ben in goal for the cup anyway? He is our best keeper by far.
2. It is obvious why Galloway does not get the left back role. His positional sense is awful and he can't defend!
3. Olsson is past his best!
4. Fletcher is not doing a lot for us at present!
5. Rondon needs support up top as he is not a natural finisher.
6. Phillips is a bargain. Tore them to shreds 1st half. Didn't get the ball so much 2nd half.
7. The Baggies policy of giving the away fans the whole of the Smethwick End is detrimental to the atmosphere inside the ground. Can't the away fans be put somewhere else (part of the west stand?) so the Albion fans can be sat all together to create a wall of noise. They can't do that when they are scattered around three sides of the ground.
8. The ref did count 13 steps for the free kick - what is that all about? Myhill was pants though!
9. We need to get a young left back, a young centre half, another midfielder and a striker to help Rondon in this transfer window.
Oh well. Off to White Heart Lane we go . . . . . . . . . . . . ?
BaggieMan likes this post
What's all this '13 Steps' all about ?  Is it a new version of Alfie Hitchcock's film  'The 39 Steps' ?  So, the ref can't count or it was shorter paces, it ain't gonna change the result.

No use looking for excuses, Myhill was crap and should have saved it. Reckon my old mum would have saved that and she's been with the angels a while!  Agree with Ken above, we should have given the young 'un a go.

In general, our crossing of a ball has been crap for years. Only exceptions at times being Brunty and Phillips.  

Oh well, c'est la vie. Whistle
Took my Missus to the game yesterday.

She knows NOTHING about football but even she spotted that Olly was just 'hoofing' or heading it to no-one.

Shame really but i think his time has come.

Difficult to believe we lost that one.

Scotty Carson....Zero to hero in 80 mins. What a worldy to prevent a replay.
(08-01-2017, 13:44)tidy Wrote: Took my Missus to the game yesterday.

She knows NOTHING about football but even she spotted that Olly was just 'hoofing' or heading it to no-one.

Shame really but i think his time has come.

Difficult to believe we lost that one.

Scotty Carson....Zero to hero in 80 mins. What a worldy to prevent a replay.

Have to agree Tidy. "Frank" looked to be a real dodgy keeper in the first half when we closed him down and pressurised him, don't know where that defender came from to clear Rondon's shot off the line. That save at the end from Rondon's header was unbelievable!
Smile 
Met Chris Brunt outside the ground yesterday. A perfect gentleman and a pleasure to shake his hand. Just a great shame he wasn't playing yesterday.

When I was a lad I was a constant visitor to the Hawthorns both on matchdays and at many other times when there were opportunities.

50 years on I only get a chance to go occasionally and, unfortunately, the last two times - yesterday and Jeff Astle day - we lost.

Still many many memories fondly remembered, http://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/images/icons/smile.png
BaggieMan likes this post
Nice to see you here on SB Exteecee....welcome but if we lose every time you attend a game, might we persuade you to stay away ?   Wink

Laugh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »