Thread Rating:
WBA vs Derby - FA Cup Third Round Match Thread
(06-01-2017, 17:53)Bierzo Baggie Wrote: Kevin Hector could be the bloke winning the ball in the last photo. Dark hair, played up front.... hey, I'm enjoying this...

Yeah, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I have a strong suspicion that it's Hector on the left in that last one, but I'm not certain.

A few more yesteryear pictures below. These are all pretty obvious, but if you want to supply the names, then fill yer boots Smile

[Image: DSC_0222.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0225.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0226.jpg]
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
It's with genuine envy that I have to say the pictures above are before my time - what it must have been like to have seen these legends play live!

I'll be there tomorrow and I'd implore everyone on here who is able to make the game to get down the Hawthorns and behind the team 100% from the off. Whilst a cup run is the priority I was delighted when we drew Derby just for purposes of revenge.

I'm still sore about that play off final defeat and would love it if we could give these lot a thrashing to show how better we are than 10 years ago.

COYB!
talkSAFT likes this post
Indeed, what a difference ten years can make!

Derby vs Albion in 1976:

Derby vs Albion in 1986:

Albion vs Derby in 1996:

(I'll refrain from inflicting the 2007 play-off on everyone again).
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
(06-01-2017, 20:32)HRK Wrote: It's with genuine envy that I have to say the pictures above are before my time - what it must have been like to have seen these legends play live!

I'll be there tomorrow and I'd implore everyone on here who is able to make the game to get down the Hawthorns and behind the team 100% from the off. Whilst a cup run is the priority I was delighted when we drew Derby just for purposes of revenge.

I'm still sore about that play off final defeat and would love it if we could give these lot a thrashing to show how better we are than 10 years ago.

COYB!

I quickly got over the play-off defeat as Derby imploded with a record low 11 points (equalling, I think, Loughborough somebody's record - I forget) while Albion won the Championship title. (Loughborough Athletic?)

I think you're right, talkSaft. It's not Willie Carlin, it looks like Archie Gemmill with hair.

Ha ha! That 1976-77 2-2 draw shows Kevin Hector wearing number 9 after I said a few posts ago he didn't wear number 9!

I was at that May 1996 3-2 win, Sturridge's blinding pace and Super Bob's tap-in.
Ally Brown in that 2nd & 3rd Picture
IMO really underrated, but in a team of superstars I can understand why I suppose.
Very underrated, he was a top top Player.
Ally Brown Ally Brown Ally Ally Brown, when he gets the ball hes bound to score Ally Ally Brown ..........
drewks likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I don't think it's going to be an easy game tomorrow, but I'm glad we didn't draw Man City.
To be honest, I'm increasingly wishing we'd drawn West Ham!
(06-01-2017, 23:08)Ska Wrote: To be honest, I'm increasingly wishing we'd drawn West Ham!

The good news is Man utd should beat Reading so we wont have to play them if we progress Rolleyes
HRK likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I am not so sure Ally Brown was underated in his time even in a team of superstars. Most Albion fans understood his tremendous workrate, running and ball holding skills allowed Cyrille Regis to shine. I am sure Cyrille will admit in all his career he never had such a selfless and effective partner. His contribution was greatly valued and appreciated at the time. One of the great baggies for sure.

(06-01-2017, 21:25)aries22 Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 20:32)HRK Wrote: It's with genuine envy that I have to say the pictures above are before my time - what it must have been like to have seen these legends play live!

COYB!

I quickly got over the play-off defeat as Derby imploded with a record low 11 points (equalling, I think, Loughborough somebody's record - I forget) while Albion won the Championship title. (Loughborough Athletic?)

I think you're right, talkSaft. It's not Willie Carlin, it looks like Archie Gemmill with hair.

Ha ha! That 1976-77 2-2 draw shows Kevin Hector wearing number 9 after I said a few posts ago he didn't wear number 9!

I was at that May 1996 3-2 win, Sturridge's blinding pace and Super Bob's tap-in.
(06-01-2017, 23:19)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 23:08)Ska Wrote: To be honest, I'm increasingly wishing we'd drawn West Ham!

The good news is Man utd should beat Reading so we wont have to play them if we progress  Rolleyes

Urgh don't remind me of Reading, without a doubt one of the worst away days I've ever been on for a multitude of reasons.

What I am pleased to see is Chris Brunt's clear love for the club with how he celebrated his goal against Hull, despite having morons such as these http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7...-Brunt.jpg hurling abuse at him after Brunt was rightly giving some stick back to the pillock who could of had his eye out!

Brunty also looks fitter than before his injury in my opinion and obviously worked his knackers off to get to that level of fitness. And it's no coincidence that his return to the side along with another stalwart Morrison has seen our performances improve.
BaggieSteve, BaggieMan, talkSAFT And 1 others like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »