Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
(21-12-2016, 00:12)St Charles Owl Wrote: SS, you might have dodged a bullet anyway!!  I have been on the ORD-MAN flight many times and it has to be the smallest long haul plane ever built!!!!  Its like flying on a standard 737!!  Its actually a 757 so can carry the required fuel but its a one aisle plane and feels so cramped!!

Can't disagree there I've made the same haul, it's a hot tin sardine can it's disgusting they fly that transatlantic

Maddix, my hair will be white by the end of this, I might even end up in a super market removing superfluous buns

And FFS get shut of that Crock Matias.

Catch you on the flip side gents, I'm checking out!
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Cant see anyone leaving apart from maybe bus and mcgugan for bad boy status they have ? they will probably be the only 2 to leave we wont get any money for either aswell as we payed sky high prices so it will be a big loss on these two !

loaning a Right back and a striker is the only sensible option as far as the ffp thing goes as i cant see cc going into probems by signing rhodes !
Are you here yet SS Huh it's still a f'ucking shithole run by PC knobheads Angry

On a cheerful note Laughing I've already got four bottles of whisky that I haven't bought and I'm anticipating a fifth when I visit our young'un Big Grin Although I'd quite like some socks and underpants off him for a change Wink I've got enough whisky to last till new year now Whistle
Southeyowl, Statesideowl, Owlkev71 like this post
and complicated
where now ob live against leeds at 630 in the morning Americas side Doh getting up at this time to feel angry and frustrated is not a wise thing to do Thumb down
Southeyowl likes this post
(22-12-2016, 00:30)Maddix Wrote: Are you here yet SS  Huh it's still a f'ucking shithole run by PC knobheads  Angry

On a cheerful note  Laughing  I've already got four bottles of whisky that I haven't bought and I'm anticipating a fifth when I visit our young'un  Big Grin Although I'd quite like some socks and underpants off him for a change  Wink I've got enough whisky to last till new year now  Whistle

Yes mate, as soon as I touched down in Heathrow yesterday it made me realize I've nothing to complain about in America. Everything is inept, incompetent and comes to a screeching halt. Terrible planning of buildings and systems to navigate anything, endless road works with no one working. One out of every three people I'm asking for help speaks the same language as if I'm foreign and not indigenous Laugh

Farce after farce since I hit UK, not to detract from the issues experienced in the States. But honestly, this is not rhetorical.
How the hell does anything get done in this country these days? I've been here 24 hours and I can already see who is pulling the strings from middle management levels, resources being directed to certain communities. Completely enabled by said PC muppets.

So basically it's almost the same as when I left a couple of years ago, plus a few steps backwards Laugh Doh

Just waiting for a PC breakdown over this post actually mate! Thumb up
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
How long are you here for SS, will you be able to catch a game at Hillsborough before you escape back to the States?
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I'll be here for about 4-5 months possibly longer unfortunately for everyone, Kev. Laugh Yeah a few mates are already trying to drag me down to the old lady. I'm certain I'll go at some point

Some family issues and I also need to go to the Hospital, I need a microdiscetomy and that's not happening on my peanuts in America.

In 2013 when I came back for a year I almost lost my mind, I'm expecting similar results Laugh
Washington and Owlkev71 like this post
You staying in Sheffield or somewhere nearby?
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(22-12-2016, 19:00)Owlkev71 Wrote: You staying in Sheffield or somewhere nearby?

I'm staying at my folks out in Staffordshire, it's about 20 mins outside Stoke is bent. Nice little sleepy retirement Town/village out here.

I'd say it's a good 2 hours or more to S6 from here. Last time I was here, prior to my injury I'd take the train to Derby, then switch to the Sheffield line. I can't drive Doh
(22-12-2016, 19:49)Statesideowl Wrote:
(22-12-2016, 19:00)Owlkev71 Wrote: You staying in Sheffield or somewhere nearby?

I'm staying at my folks out in Staffordshire, it's about 20 mins outside Stoke is bent. Nice little sleepy retirement Town/village out here.

I'd say it's a good 2 hours or more to S6 from here. Last time I was here, prior to my injury I'd take the train to Derby, then switch to the Sheffield line. I can't drive Doh

My mother in law lives in Newcastle u Lyme so if we visit over there again before you return to the US I'll try and arrange to meet up for a beer. Hope your encounter with the NHS goes well once they find an appointment that's not in 2019 !!!
Statesideowl likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »