Thread Rating:
Scottish FA Cup, Dumbarton 0-1 Rangers, 01/11/2014.
Already looking over your shoulder I see, Fred. Wink
Lack of ambition they call it....
Absolutely Trus I'm no stupid enough to think we've won the league miles to go,lack of ambition Coop I think hearts have plenty and hopefully we'll add to that in January
(01-11-2014, 00:43)Fredstersafool Wrote: Absolutely Trus I'm no stupid enough to think we've won the league

So you say. You might like to remind some of your fellow Hearts fans of this. Get on to the preening BBC Radio Scotland pundits and let them know too, while you're at it. . . Whistle
They can think what they want Trus just like you still thin Gers will win it I'm happy to sit back and see how it unfolds I'm just enjoying the fact were winning games and for the most part winning them well and if we do win I'll take great joy in rubbing yer face right in it.
RANGERS: Robinson; Foster, McCulloch, McGregor, Wallace; Smith, Law, Black, Macleod; Boyd, Miller

SUBS: McCrorie, Faure, Mohsni, Daly, Clark, Templeton, Shiels

Smith in for the crocked Aird, Robinson for Simonsen as expected. Strong side for a run of the mill early round cup clash.
Just beat me to it, Trus.

This'll be good experience for young (16 y/o?) McCrorie on the bench, but let's hope we don't have to call on him during the match.

Aird out injured. Not too disappointed by that despite McCoist's assertion: "Lewis has been doing well but so is Airdy..." Confused
He needs some time out of the team to get his basics together, but to be fair to McCoist praising the player in public will do him a lot more good than criticising him.

Smith definitely deserves some time on the pitch and his set pieces and cross balls are a class above anyone else's at the moment. If it hadn't been for the injury problems that somewhat reduced his mobility he'd have been an automatic pick for us for years at left back.

I'd probably have liked to see Clark or Daly get a start in this one to keep things fresh and competitive, but if Boyd and Miller have the stamina to keep playing form the start then their performances merit their places.

Temps badly needs some game time but I can't see where he would fit in with the other players available.
Scottish FA Cup 3rd Round, 01/11/2014, Dumbarton 0-1 Rangers

That was another low-key match, Rangers were not as fast or fluent as I would like to see and Dumbarton were better than last week.
Nevertheless it is the result that counts and once again, it was the right one.
Still in the Cup, so : Next !

Match Report : Rangers FC - Dumbarton 0-1 Rangers

Attendance : 1,878 (SSN)

Manager's verdict : Rangers FC - Happy To Be Through
AVFC RFC SAFC
All credit to Dumbarton for making a go of things. I don't think they really troubled us much nonetheless. That's not to say we troubled them much in front of goal either, but once we were ahead it looked safe enough. Daly and Macleod both had 2nd half chances they should have buried and we stuck in a lot of crosses, but Dumbarton defended high balls well, especially as the conditions worsened. Of course we should have taken note of that and kept that ball on the ground more, but after Daly came on in the closing stages that never seemed likely. Another good game from Foster in my opinion, and Macleod looked imperious at times with the ball at his feet. I really think we might struggle to keep hold if him in January if we don't get the financial situation sorted quickly, and we badly need him in this side.
So kilmarnock at home for the 4th round tie. Mind you could have been worse.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »